Welcome to the new bloggy. This one is a bit more secure from prying eyes than my last. I realized I couldn't bear not journaling in this manner for too long, so here I am again. Fresh start. Feels good.
Because it's June, it's crazy for most of us in the Pacific Northwest. You see, we don't start summer until July 5th at the earliest--why the local temperature here is a scalding 49 degrees; forecasted to hit a whopping 54 by noon or so. How could I possibly be bitter, what with all the moisturizing, age-defying rain and lack of sunlight??
All that to say, school is still in session. And every every activity under the sun has its last hurrah, followed by the last hurrah party within the next 2 weeks. Be intentional. Be purposeful in every activity you choose to do. Yes, yes. Problem is, they all hit the same level of craziness at the same time. Therefore, doesn't matter if you have 1 or 10--you'll be putting miles on the minivan at this time of year if you have school aged children.
Being that it's a bit rushed, it's easy for me to forget the One to whom I owe my everything. So, today, I cracked open the Bible, and wrote down a verse. I thought I would share it. Then I thought I would
I give you: 26 verses in 30 days of June.
James 1:5 (NIV)
If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
Dear Lord, I praise You for Your incredible, everlasting, and unchanging, yet always applicable Word. Forgive me for speaking quickly or reacting in knee jerks, rather than responding first on my knees for Your guidance. I love you. Fill this cracked vessel with Your Holy Spirit, I pray. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Okay...I'm throwing down the gauntlet. Anyone game for doing this with me? If not, I hope you'll check in each day to see a snippet of the Word and to keep me accountable. :)
Blessings!
9 comments:
ooooh! I have so much to say! I'm IN! I'll be back to leave you a proper comment in a wee little while! Got to run and do the day!
Love your new blog name! And it will, woman...your layin' up treasure!
Hey sweetie, love your new blog. I am game, I will be glad to join you. I will start posting a verse a day on my blog tomorrow. I love you.
Love the new blog!!!!
I will be stopping by each day, hopefully to visit...as after all I come by here as often as I can.
Hugs to you!
Julie
LUV LUV LUV IT!!! I'm in! I need to get back online more consistently. Between committments and having brain fry (which seems to be a constant state these days), my blog has taken a seat on the back burner. Ick!
Pookie just arrived in FT Lewis this weekend and loves the weather up there. !(*&@^??? He's an odd duck to say the least! Can't wait to get up there for a visit!
So much for my wee little while! 12 hours later, I just remembered to come and subscribe to your new blog... welcome to you! I can't wait to see what God does with this! Thanks for inviting me. If I would have gone to your old blog without knowing, I would have died of a heart attack right there in the moment!
I'm in! Although the perfectionist in me says I'm already behind, the recovering perfectionist in me says - get thee to thy Bible and get posted! Glad you were able to find a way to express yourself! (Especially glad for me!)
Have I told you lately that I love you? (HEY! That could be a song!!)
I have forever struggled in the summer with my Bible study and quiet time because of the craziness so I LOVE your verse a day. I'm so going to play! Starting today!!
Great new name, BTW. :o)
I love this idea! Can I join you a little late?
Post a Comment