Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--ihis good, pleasing and perfect will.
I guess Paul was as good an example of this as any...Christian murderer turned Apostle.
Yeah, I'm understating.
I love the story of Saul/Paul, and the fact that God used one of the most hideous people ever and did such amazing works in his heart that this person died in chains for Him. Unbelievable. Except that I believe it.
Now, the ugly part to my judgment of formerly hideous Paul is that my sin is no lighter, fresher, or better smelling than his. It's a good thing God renews me daily, too.
Lord, I thank You for renewing my mind with this 30 days of really diving into Your Word for verses which speak to my heart each day. I thank you for those who have also posted Your Word, as it has blessed me so, and stirred in my heart a yearning to be so much more You and less me. Thank You for Your new mercies and for the daily renewing of my heart and mind. I pray that I would change the patterns of my behaviors to be those which would be according to Your good, pleasing and perfect will. In Jesus' name. Amen.
***Last Baby A. update: Baby A went home to Jesus on Saturday. Thank you all for your prayers. The family is doing as well as could possibly be expected, and thanks everyone for their prayers and concern.***

8 comments:
Will be praying for Baby A's family. :(
I'll be praying for comfort for all those that knew Baby A.
Loved the verse and your thoughts for the day.
Praying for this precious family...so, so hard.
oh man.
we can't lose with God's Word -- time to continue with the daily verses and prayer....
I am praying for the dear family.
Thank you once again for putting this AVADIJ together. It was a great experience for me to meet you and to hear God speaking to me in this unique way.
Sometimes I think I conform a little too much. Oh, to be like Paul.
I'm happy Baby A is no longer suffering and my prayers continue for his family.
I, too, am thankful for His daily renewal of me.
And though our hearts are sad, how precious it is to know Jesus is now holding Baby A. I will be praying for B and C.
Post a Comment