But he said to them, "I have food to eat that you know nothing about."
In this verse, Jesus has just met the woman at the well, and basically extends to her that He is the well of life and the food which fills (us). As I read that, I am a.g.a.i.n. blown away by his message, and by his sheer perfection. Would I speak to someone I don't know--especially in a "hated" race/creed of people? Would I listen well to some hairy, probably dirty, smelly guy, and proclaim his word and being? Would I believe?
No. I wouldn't .
But, Jesus met the Samaritan woman at the well right where she was. In the same way, I know he meets me. And feeds me. If I will only be fed. Friends, I eat plenty of junk. Time for me to open my mouth to the food of life.
Lord, I thank You for Your bread of life, which comes from Your word, Your spirit, and Your will for me (and all of us). Thank You for being all that I need at any given time. Help me to feed others through You, I pray. In Jesus' name. Amen.
***UPDATE ON BABY A.***Thank you for your cont'd prayers. At this point, we are waiting for word that Baby A. has been scooped up into Jesus lap for a complete and total healing in heaven. Yesterday showed a lack of most brain activity on the scan. Would you please embrace his mother B. and father C. and the rest of the family as they enjoy him until Jesus takes him Home? So sad. One of the mysteries of life to me is how we can live for the miracle of eternal life, and yet be so griefstricken when something like this happens. Soli Deo Gloria.

6 comments:
ugh. my heart is broken for your friends.
may God give you the words and comforting actions for them when the time comes, too.
I am l.a.y.e.d. o.u.t. by the news of Baby A. One more example of how quickly life changes. May God's presence be specifically known and felt by this baby and his family. Wow...
Another beautifully written and thought provoking post, Gretchen. Is it any wonder you're so well loved??
My heart and prayers go out to Baby A's family.
My heart breaks for this dear family. Wrapping them in my prayers.
How heartbreaking! I am praying for this precious family.
Oh Gretchen...my heart breaks for this family. There can never be anything sadder than losing a child.
My prayers will be with them...my heart and thoughts will be with them as well.
Love,
Sue, who thanks you for the special verses you have shared with us.
Post a Comment