Friday, June 20, 2008

Howdy? Book anyone?

I don't know what it is with me--do I need the attention, or what? But, I think I have a cool idea, and you, my bloggy peeps, are the reason why.

You see, Bev, Meredith, His Girl, and Jenn have been doing giveaway posts this last week, and it occured to me, as I was thinking about finishing up my Spring Reading Thing, that most of us love to read. What's more, most of us love to read books which someone else has reviewed/enjoyed.

So, what do you think of a book giveaway carnival? Are you on the edge of your seat like I am? Just thinking of the smell of books gives me a bit of a tingle. :) Any books within the bounds of good taste, fiction or nonfiction would be fair game. Also, books listed should be fairly neat and clean, with gentle use, not curled at the ends from bubble-bath use. Notthatthere'sanythingwrongwith those, but getting a package is so much sweeter when one can pry the pages apart--makes finishing the story so much easier.

Well, I'm going to let this idea "gel" a bit...If you're in, let me know, and I'll see if we can find a date to pull off the First Annual Bloggy Gently Loved Book Giveaway...

The title needs work. :)

4 comments:

His Girl said...

I'm in!!! Tell what to do!!! Sounds fantabulous! I might even make a button ;)

Denise said...

I am in sweetie.

Sing4joy said...

I'm going to have to sit this one out. So much on my plate right now and I'm barely keeping up! But I'm pretty sure I'll want to play in the future!!

Jenn said...

You know I am in! Let me know how I can help out. This will be fun.