Monday, June 23, 2008

Ecclesiastes 3:11 (NIV)

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

Boy, it almost feels blastphemous to add any of my little words here. What a beautiful verse which really reminds me to give God some credit: He does know what He's doing, both on earth and in Heaven.

I am free to stop being impatient, and allow Him to make what He will of each minute, each day, each season of my life. And say...Thank You.

Lord, I thank You for each moment of my life, and for the way You bring things to fruition and make them beautiful. I am sorry for my impatience which often clouds my judgment and my appreciation of the splendor not only around me, but the magnificence of my future home, in Heaven. Help me to sit in Your sweet presence and be still. Help me to breathe You in, comforted by Your perfect plan and timing. Open my eyes to Your beauty, Lord. In Jesus' name. Amen.


7 comments:

His Girl said...

I am sorry for my impatience which often clouds my judgment and my appreciation of the splendor not only around me, but the magnificence of my future home, in Heaven. Help me to sit in Your sweet presence and be still.

yes, me too. everything you said. amen!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mer@lifeat7000feet said...

"He has made everything beautiful in its time"...

ahh...so timely for me this day.

Denise said...

So beautiful.

Lisa said...

I just read that verse last night in a book by Max Lucado. What a promise!

Jenster said...

I love this. Really love this!

Karen Hossink said...

"I am free to stop being impatient, and allow Him to make what He will of each minute, each day, each season of my life."

So wonderfully well said!!!