Sunday, June 8, 2008

Happy Sunday! A Praise Verse

Good Morning! Today I get to sing on Worship Team. I thought since I would be singing songs of praise, it would be appropriate for a look in the Psalms. Plus, I love Psalms--I do. Having been raised as a "Christer" (celebration/church on Christmas and Easter), I have been overwhelmed with oooohs and aaaahs when I (duh) realize that many of the worship songs I sing today are worded exactly and directly from the Psalms. Cool, huh?!

Psalm 71:8 (NIV)

My mouth is filled with your praise, declaring your splendor all day long.

Bonus verses: Better IS one day in Your courts!

Psalm 84:1-2

How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and flesh cry out for the Living God.


6 comments:

Jenster said...

Wawsome and AMEN!

Unknown said...

I love "finding" scriptures in songs. That is one of the main reasons why music has been so incredibly therapeutic in my life. Love it!

His Girl said...

I sincerely nearly posted this one this morning. It's so awesome! Better than the best day, better than the worst day, better than anything!

Julie said...

I love these scriptures... and I love the song.

I'm glad you got to sing worship today.... I love worship... In fact I found a few new songs last night with Gateway Church and Christ For the Nations worship bands. The songs are AWESOME!!!

Have you heard them?

Andrea Frazer said...

Hope you had a great time singing. I missed church today - the first time in a while. But I had an awesome day so I'm thinking God forgives me. Thank you, Gretchen, for being you.

Gretchen said...

Julie, I haven't heard the Christ for the Nations Worship band(s). I should look them up. :)