I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust."
He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge.
Friends, if you've been following along with my Baby A. updates, you know the situation is very grave. Our entire church family is saddened, and yet, as we cry out to God, He comforts. One moment at a time. And...He's ready and waiting. For His little baby (for we are all His) to come home. He's also ready and willing to meet our anger, our shouts of despair--everything. Because I'm sure He's angry and sad, too, with this fallen world.
So, I know this is a bit of a downer post, but since I do believe that He's alongside B. and C. grieving with them and loving them and their baby, I am also filled with hope. Hope that they will get through this bit by bit, covered with His feathers, under His wings.
Soli Deo Gloria!

8 comments:
When we don't understand, all we can do is trust. But He is our refuge and our fortress - our God in whom we can trust.
Praying God will bring overwhelming peace and comfort to B. and C. in the midst of their sorrow. Picturing Him covering them with His wings, and thanking Him for His perfect love.
That's a wonderful way of looking at it...the Lord drawing everyone close, under His protective wings, to comfort and hold them.
My heart goes out to this family during this difficult time. Praying for the peace that passes all understanding!
He's also ready and willing to meet our anger, our shouts of despair--everything. Because I'm sure He's angry and sad, too, with this fallen world.
that really hit me- yes, He understands, He is ready, He is sad too. Fabulously put, G.
I love that He also knows the beginning and the end, and He will make all things work together for Good. I am filled with hope too, and will continue to pray for this family.
Beautifully written, Gretchen.
Dear Friend, another of my very favorite verses....
I just wrote this on Missy's blog and found yours was about someone dying too, so I thought I'd copy it here. Here it is......
I had to watch a friend die of breast cancer years ago. She left 3 young daughters, one who was friends with my daughter. I remember one day hearing God tell me to pray for her healing. So I began to pray fervently every time she came to mind. I believed she would be healed. She died. I didn't understand it all. How could this be God and why did He ask me to pray for her to heal if she was going to die?
I struggled through it all when I realized she was healed, just not here, like I thought she would be.
I don't understand the ins and outs of healing and death. All I know is that death was never in God's original plan. He didn't want it either.
I think it breaks His heart each time someone dies. He never meant for His children to hurt like that. It wasn't His choice.
Hugs,
Julie
I love you sweetie, my prayers continue.
Oh, that is so very sad. I'll be praying for B and C and all others touched by the situation.
Post a Comment