Tuesday, June 17, 2008


Proverbs 27:15 (NIV)
A quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping on a rainy day...
Okay, so I kinda woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. It happens. I'm discombobulated because of the end of the school year stuff, because I just spent over $500 on my dog to find out that she has environmental allergies which would rival most humans at their worst, my hubby wouldn't get out of my office tell me what his schedule for working at home was, I'm PMSing, etc., etc. Not a glass half full kind of morning. If I don't watch my attitude and behavior, I might end up being snippy and impatient, and...well...quarrelsome. Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent. Gonna pray. Gonna seek the Word. Gonna breathe Him in. Gonna stop channelling GHWB.
Blessings to you all!

11 comments:

Growin' with it said...

phew...hang in there!!

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

MASSIVE HUGS
Jen

Happy Mommy said...

Oh the PMS will get us everytime!

Becky said...

You go, girl! Don't give in...never surrender!

Okay, so I know that one well. PMS makes me lose that lovin' feelin', too...and gettin' snippy ain't pretty on me. ;)

Denise said...

Sending you hugs, love, prayers, and plenty of patience.

Jenn said...

I am sorry your day did not start out on a happy note. What a great attitude to give your "yuckies" to God. Said a little prayer for ya.

PS- I giggled a little at "Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent.". I loved Dana Carvey as G.H. Bush.

Girl Raised in the South said...

If I'd spent $500!!!!!!!! on our dog, I'd be grumbling for a week. Hope you made it through the day in good fashion, I would not have, and I would have grumbled at the dog every time I walked by him too.

much2ponder said...

This post made me smile. Been there many times. Some days it seems I am better off not saying a word, but God is still God and he is good and we always get through those days don't we. I enjoyed reading your blog and will be back if that's ok with you.

His Girl said...

can't even imagine how that feels. i'm always so sweet and pleasant to my husband.

*gag*

Sing4joy said...

Ugh! Those days! Way to direct your thoughts where they should be!!

Jenster said...

Last Sunday our pastor challenged us to read a chapter of Proverbs a day for 31 days and to keep track of our favorite verses. On the way home Todd blurted out, "It's better to live in the corner of the attic than with a quarrelsome wife."

Smart alec.