Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hebrews 3:13 (NIV)
But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.
Friends, one of the true blessings of blogging is being encouraged and having fellowship with like-minded believers. I learn so much from you, and I am so strengthened by your prayers, your comments, and your stories. This crazy internet is yet another example of something that can be used for evil or good. This is just one way God is using our current technology for good. May He be praised, and may each of you be encouraged in His love today.

10 comments:

His Girl said...

so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.

this part made me smile from ear to ear. What a danger to get all hardened with all we see around us! I love the idea of our friends watering the soil of our hearts with God's word to keep it soft and fertile.

*mushy feelings for my friend gretchen who does just that for me*

Becky said...

It is so cool that the Lord can and does use anything He wishes to use (including blogs and phones and text messaging...) to build up and encourage His people.

Great scriptural reminder for today, Gretchen!

Sing4joy said...

amen and amen!

Jenster said...

You know what I love about this verse? It's that every time I get together with a friend over coffee - this is what we're doing!

I'm coming to Seattle someday. Just you wait...

Julie said...

I love this verse...it's such a picture of what it means to be an ally to someone. We all need allies in our lives.
I am grateful for this internet friendship that we have discovered! You are a great encourager to MY heart!

Hugs,
Julie

Unknown said...

I'm coming w/ Jenster! Smooches!

Gretchen said...

Lots of cyber love sent out to all, and Jenster and GGG, you watch out or I'll hold you to it!!!

Becky, S4J, and Julie need to come, too. Becky can stop and see some family, and the rest of you can enjoy the rain (er...sights).

Thank you for lifting me today.

xxxooogretchen

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

That is one of my all-time favorite verses.

And yes, this whole bloggy realm has been a god-send for me!

Suzanne said...

I just want to thank you for doing the verse of the day challenge. It's really helping to keep me on track right now. And I love this verse too!

His Girl said...

me too! me too! i wanna come too!