Thursday, June 26, 2008

Verse and update on Baby A

Isaiah 53: 4-6 (NIV)

Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our inequities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep , have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Hmmmm....does that sound like anyone in the New Testament that we know? I read this again, and again, and I just come up with, "wow". And, "thank you". And..."He's real--He's really real.". This prophecy reads exactly the New Testament does. I've shared before that it took me a bit to "buy in" to the Old Testament as being as important and viable as the New Testament. This particular set of verses speaks so loudly of the coming and crucifixion of Christ that I found myself so very grateful for it. Yay, God! You took my faith, which is probably about that of a mustard seed, and look what You did! I feel like it's a personal love letter/here I am letter just for me. And it is. But obviously, it's so much more. See one of the coolest things about God for me is that He takes my little thinking and uses it to show His largeness and largess.

Jesus loves me. Aha. And He loved me before He was even on earth to sacrifice for me (and you...but I'm focused on me, here ;) ). So cool, I can barely stand it.

**UPDATE on baby A. As of last night, his blood chemistry was resolving back to normal, but he wasn't awake yet. His kidneys are not working well, so they are starting dialysis, and doing a brain scan to see if there has been any intracranial bleeding. His parents, B. and C., and entire family could use your prayers. I humbly request them on their behalf. ***

Lord, thank You for making Yourself known to me. My little thinking is just that, and I need to see things right.in.front.of.my.face in order to believe in them and have faith. Thankfully, You made me, so you know this. Thank You for Your infinite patience and grace, and thank You for Your living, breathing, ever-present Word. Holy Spirit fill me today as I abide in You. Lord, I also lift up little A. and his family. Your will be done. I cry out. You know the needs. You know his little body. You know...and I trust in You. In Jesus' name. Amen.


7 comments:

His Girl said...

needed that this morning. *sigh* He is really real, isn't He?

Suzanne said...

Great post. I especially love the "right.in.front.of.my.face" part..lol..I'm the same way. I am so thankful we have a God who takes us just as we are.

Praying for little A.

Denise said...

My prayers continue for little A.

Jenster said...

As usual, a great post. I'm always so encouraged when I hang out here.

Prayers continuing for Baby A and family.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

still praying for baby A

Unknown said...

The book of Isaiah is a real gem; totally makes me scratch my head. There are actually three parts/books in Isaiah, and apparently more than one author. Yet the message just screams out: JESUS. How amazing!

Julie said...

Love these verses...love the whole book of Isaiah, pretty much. Thanks for sharing...

Thanks dear friend for your sweet comments on my devo and blog. You bless me so!

Hugs,
Julie