For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.
I woke up with this verse on the brain, so I call that the Holy Spirit's urging. Going with it. His Girl did a fantastic post on missed opportunities to show others Jesus. I am not an evangelizer at heart. I'm not. But one of our commands, so to speak, is the "great commission". We are told to let others know about Jesus. Because, the truth is, NOT knowing him is a true death sentence. Period. Bev posted about this yesterday, too. Hmmm...Holy Spirit knocking, anyone?
What will my account look like? Am I "Jesus in skin" to everyone, or just to the "easy" people. You know who I'm talking about. What's my attitude today? Don't misunderstand. I know we all have "off" days and crummy times; but I believe God will judge my prevailing attitude. Gotta chew on this one for a bit.
What say ye?
(Meanwhile...must.finish.Robin.Hood.costume. P.r.o.n.t.o!)

8 comments:
*sigh* Can't you people stick with the "God is love" verses? Must you convict?? What's wrong with you!!
What Jenster said. Don't forget that your blog tells people about Jesus. Give a little credit man.
This is a wonderful verse and post. Very challenging...so, thank you!!
What a great verse, Gretchen. I am very guilty of not "spreading the good news" as often as I should. However, there are those "familiar" people that I can do it very naturally with. Great...something ELSE I need to work on. ;)
Enjoy your day, my friend!
Excellent post as always. God's word does my heart good and I love how you always share that goodness here.
Oh, this is one of my very favorite verses. A great woman in my life in the past taught me to pray this scripture. I would take it to Papa and ask that His word would come like a scalpal and cut down to the center, the heart, to reveal that which was of the Spirit and that which was of the flesh....
To do open heart surgery...they have to cut down through the rib cage, the bone and the marrow to repair the damage. The word is like that...it cuts down to the depths, in the process cutting away that which brings death & disease.
I have seen Papa cut away...with His Word.
Thanks for sharing one of my favorites!
Hugs,
Juile
This is exactly why God put it on your heart to start this challenge... it's exactly what i need to hear!
God speaking in such a personal way... *sigh* mahvelous!
Gretchen - I just wanted to say thanks for starting this challenge (I have been so blessed by it). I am enjoying visiting all the blogs of those who are participating. God is speaking to me through the things He is laying on your heart's to share. So thank you for listening to His nudge.
BTW - this was a great post. After HG's post on the same subject - God might be trying to tell us all something!
Post a Comment