Matthew 7:3 (NIV)
"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the the plank in your own eye?"
Um....Guilty!
Lord, thank You for loving me, plank and all. Please forgive my judgmental attitudes which seemingly come out of nowhere. I don't want to judge, but BOOM, there it comes. Help me to live the way You would have me live; seeing those around me the way You see them. Clearly.
In Jesus' name. Amen.

8 comments:
We never, ever get beyond that verse do we? I'm thankful when we finally make it to heaven there will be no sawdust left to deal with. or planks either.
*raises hand* me too, Father! Pull out the plank out of my eye so I can see how much You love others... and so I can love them too.
Um, I don't like this verse. Can I have a different one, please? Maybe one that doesn't hurt my toes??
I am so thankful for that verse! For the LONGEST time I didn't see that I was judging others. Even often times for doing the same thing I did. God loves us so much that He DOES want us to recognize and change our sin. (Still working on it)
Such a wonderfully humbling verse.
Oh, I SO know what you are talking about, unfortunately...wish I didn't, though
Thanks for sharing this with me.....
Hugs,
Julie
Plank? What plank? Surely you're not talking to me... You've probably got something in your own eye. Mine is fine; in fact, it's just great, thx for asking... YEAH RIGHT!
Awesome....this verse ALWAYS gets me.
It's a perpetual challenge to me as well, and i really try and live in a non-judgmental way. But, boy, it's hard sometimes.
Have a great day!!
Post a Comment