Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Time for Thanksgiving: Day 6

Funky Kicks!  Day 6.

You may have noticed that there is no rhyme, nor reason to my thankful essays.  If this is news to you, then you probably don't know me well.  Though I do not understand quantum physics, I am a quantum leap-er when it comes to thoughts and writing.  And yes, I still do like Scott Bakula.  You're really missing out if you haven't watched Quantum Leap on Netflix, recently.  I promise that the theme of thankfulness will carry through each of my posts, however.

Today, I'm giving thanks for the smells of the season (pleasant ones need only apply).  This time of year reminds me how important my olfactory sense is to my overall mood.  Apple-cinnamon  or vanilla-caramel scented candles, crisp fall air, damp fall air, the aroma of a crockpot dinner filling the house, and pumpkin spiced anything lattes.  Filling my home with candles and other things that smell good make my house feel more cozy to me.  They make it a treat to walk in the door after a busy day. 

What aroma is pleasing to you this time of year?

Photobucket

No comments: