Saturday, November 5, 2011

Man-alive!  We're on Day 5!

To say I'm grateful for the weekend is both an under- and over- statement.  I'm soooo happy when Friday night gets here, but believe it or not, I usually enjoy every day of the week (at least to some degree), no matter where it falls, and as tempting as it often is, I don't like to wish my time away, pining away for Friday ("Friday, gettin' down on Friday"). But, Friday DOES bring me closer to something I like to call, "sleep in Saturday", a.k.a. B.L.I.S.S.  Sleep in Saturday only occurs on Saturdays without play rehearsals, soccer games, or other fun activities.  So you might think that I would suggest that my children not participate in extra-curricular activities.  Tempting.  But, alas...I support their endeavors, coffee in hand.  However, there really is not much better in this world than a SiS--unless we're talking about Sunday nap time.  Without wishing to sound too sloth-like, I must say, I luuuurrrrve, hanging out in bed, and napping, watching TV, reading, etc.  I think that even though I tend toward the extrovert on the MMPI scale, there's a LOT of only child in me who likes things veddy quiet and soothing.  Perhaps hanging out in my bedroom is a sanctuary amidst the hubbub (most of it good) of the week. 

Wow, so I guess on Day 5, I'm thankful for:
  1. Weekends
  2. Sleeping in on Saturday
  3. Sunday Naps
  4. FALLING BACK TO STANDARD TIME  :)  (even tho it gets dark early)
  5. Lounging in my bedroom w/a good show or a good book or whatever...
Bless you on this first weekend of Thanksgiving.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can I just agree with 1-6, except for 4? (This year, only.) I was on night watch when we fell back, adding an hour to my already long shift. #Dislike13hrWatches!!

And, the bliss of sleeping in after a night shift has ended, not worrying about having to come in that night...."B.L.I.S.S.":)