Monday, November 14, 2011

A Time for Thanksgiving: Day 14

Day 14:  God save the Queen...

Last night, we watched the Duggars travel to Scotland and Ireland.  We're not typically Dugger Family aficionados around here (not that there's anything wrong with that), but we do love to travel.  And their trip brought back fond memories of our trip to England, Scotland, and Ireland in July 2010.  It also tickled us to think that they moved their family probably faster and more efficiently than we did in airports, etc.  I find it fascinating to see how others travel.  Another fun note:  we happened to stay in the Holyrood Aparthotel a year ago, so imagine how our collective jaws dropped to see them there on their recent trip.  Yeah...we're trailblazers.  Trendsetters. 

Yes, today, I give thanks for travel.  We are so fortunate to have had the opportunity to see many amazing places and people.  The more I see of the world, the smaller it seems.

Where would you like to go next?  Or do you have a favorite travel destination?

Photobucket

4 comments:

Susie Q said...

I so want to take Gracie to London and Paris. She yearns to see those two cities and I want to see them through HER eyes this time. : )
AND Italy...so want to travel to Italy...and Switzerland...Austria...Ireland...how many choices can I have!! *grin*
Love to you sweet frend,
Sue

Unknown said...

Australia. Hands down.

Gretchen said...

Thanks for stopping by, Sue. All of those sound great. I've been to Switzerland, Austria, and Ireland, but not to Italy. Yet.

Gretchen said...

"Unknown", you've always been a fan. So has Dad. One day, we want to take the kids there and to NZ. It'd be a kick to go together!