Today, I'd like to give thanks for what my husband has labeled: my mobile office. Her first name is RHonda, and she's about 126,000 miles and 7 years old. The last few years, the need has steeply increased for RHonda's services. As a mobile office, she's needed to travel from Mill Creek to Woodinville and back and Mill Creek to Lynnwood and back nearly each day. She has been to numerous volleyball, track, Christmas play, therapy, coffee, and lunch sessions. Additionally, she makes a run to at least one grocery store a week. RHonda really does provide all I need in terms of an office on the go. Plus...
She acts like she doesn't notice when I haven't the time to put on make up or style my hair.
She includes a trash bag for our convenience, but never mentions that there is more trash on her floor than in the trash bag. She even provides whole grains for her passengers, and holds my coffee for me.
She doesn't nags about the forgotten lunch bag (filled with yesterday's leftovers and not brought into the kitchen for re-filling). Nor does she feel ashamed about her latte/cocoa/soda stained rugs. She has at least 6 seats for heavy backpacks, cast-aside sweatshirts, and busy children. And she holds the world's record in rolling empty bottles.
Yep, she's a treasure. She knows she'll never make it to Maui, but she's its #1 fan. All she requires of me is...well...money.
2 comments:
Gretchen, you always bring a smile and a giggle!
I love that you have personified your van! My van has been through similar treatment, but I never thought to appreciate how kind it was being to me for allowing me to treat it so. I may have to challenge you on the rolling bottles claim though.
Post a Comment