Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Time for Thanksgiving: Day 13

Day 13: Givin' thanks for the wien.


"Smiling"

Today, I give thanks for our little almost 15 year old wiener dog, Murphy, whom we about 4 and 1/2 years ago.  Neither my husband, nor I are small dog lovers.  Our other dog is a Golden Retriever.  I won't go into the circumstances of how Murph came to us--another long post--but let's just say it was meant to be.  I'm not sure how much longer Old Murph will be with us.  Time is definitely catching up with him, and it saddens me.  We're committed to loving him as long as we can, as best as we can, and he's such a character that it's not hard to do.  But eventually...eventually is coming sooner than I would wish...I know we'll have to say g'bye.

But for now...I celebrate this quirky little dog who gives me joy and who forever has made me a champion of all dogs, whether large or small. 

Photobucket

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

The word you're looking for in sentence one is "adopted". :)