Today, I give thanks for friendship. I am a woman richly blessed by many friends. How grateful to God I am for those who lovingly put up with my quantum leaps of thought, my dirty car, chatty-mcchatterson-itis, boldly stated opinions, scattered attention span, and love for all things music or movie related. I love to quilt, and frankly, I feel like God has blessed me with an amazing "life quilt", made up of people--some whom I see daily, while others I see mostly never. All are intrinsic to the color and patchwork of my life. All keep me warm, and all bind my heart in His love for me. Some friends live in my computer, while others go to the places I go: church, his school, her school, and back to his school and her school. ;) I give thanks for my bestest friend ever--my ever-patient husband. I give thanks for my girlfriends. I give thanks for all the men in my life whom I love in the most appropriate way. I definitely "get by with a little help from my friends".
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13 (NIV)
2 comments:
I love a chatty friend because I am so quiet, but I am a good listener and laugh at all the right spots, so I like to think that makes up for it.
You have been given the gift of friendship-you so easily connect with people and make them feel welcome. You are an inspiration to me.
Post a Comment