Friday, November 18, 2011

A Time For Thanksgiving: Day 18

Day 18:  Not Losing Steam.

As I've been working my way down the list of my senses, today I want to give thanks for my sense of touch.  It's actually one of my favorites.  Well...I guess they're all favorites.  I've learned to embrace my sense of touch, despite its quirkiness.  Touch is one of my senses which God has wired differently than He did in many other people.  I have some hypo- and hypersensitivities to touch.  Either too much or too little pressure drives me c.r.a.z.y.  This quirkiness means that sometimes, I feel my clothing all day long.  And sometimes a little light, friendly touch will make me shiver and giggle or recoil. Most often, I enjoy deep touch.  Lurve hugs, massages, cuddling with my kids on the couch and my hubby in the covers.  Love holding hands. Love laying hands upon another to pray.  Mostly, I am thankful for my sense of touch because it's presents one of the most intimate forms of communication.  When we touch another in a conversation, for example, usually we're giving eye contact, and are very much "in the moment" with that person.  I guess, that's sort of a cornerstone of who I am.  I always wanted to be popular, as a kid.  Who didn't, at one time or another?  But as an adult, I've realized that due to how I'm wired and how I communicate best, that I prefer not dozens of "minions" but that I cherish 1:1 or few:1 time.  I get overwhelmed in groups where I need to pay attention to a lot of different people--perhaps because I can't go deep in conversation (and life) with them. 

I know this thankful post is starting to make me sound like a creeper, so I'll stop here...Your children are safe.

Thank You, Jesus, for touching my heart.  Please give me a heart, mind, and loving arms to touch others in accordance with Your will. In Your name.  Amen.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Susie Q said...

A beautiful post sweetie...truly.
Love,
Sue