Today, I'm celebrating gratitude for my Grum. I know I've written about her on Ye Olde Blahg before, but it bears repeating: my Grum is incredible. And I'm so blessed to not only have a grandmother who is still living, but to have THIS one. She's 85 years old. She lived with me and helped my mom raise me from the time I was 12. She moved back to Iowa when I was in my mid-20s, and we've spoken pretty much weekly since then. Grum is fiercely protective of those she loves, independent, and never lets an opinion go to waste. She taught me how to eat with the correct fork, how to use a soup spoon,
Is she irreverent? Sometimes. Is she stubborn? Ahem. Yes. Is she strong, intelligent, artistic, and able to make a dollar stretch into next year? Yes. Yes. Yes.
To me...she is practically perfect.
Thank You, Jesus, for my Grum.
July 2011
1 comment:
Awww...love this! You have a wonderful Grum. Makes me miss my own.
Post a Comment