Today, I give thanks for...my early morning quiet time. I would be lying if I told you I read my Bible and get to everyone on my prayer list every.single.day. with fervor and (ahem, again) follow through.
But...I try to. My early morning quiet time does not always look like a Hallmark/Lifetime movie with candles burning and coffee with most excellent creamer. In fact, the pilot is out on the fireplace, and to have truly Hallmark worthy quiet time in November, a fake fire in the fireplace is essential. All kidding aside, I like to make a little event out of my time with the Lord for two reasons. Since He's truly the most important person(s) in my life, I like to prepare a bit for my time with Him. Also, having a bit of time set aside with hot coffee, my favorite blanket, Bible, dogs, and fire (in the form of candle or fireplace) gives me something to look forward to. I'm an undisciplined clod most of the time, and setting myself up for success is key in getting my bum out of bed after a late night episode of Castle.
There are days when I don't get to my EMQT at all. I try to repent and move on w/o too much guilt-heaping. But the focus He provides, and the peace known in my heart when I do take the best part of my day and give it to Him is, for me, the gift that keeps on giving. Thank You, Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment