Thursday, April 30, 2009

Post #197

EDITED TO SAY: Actually, this is post number 198. Psych! Watch for "Counting with Gretchen" a DVD to debut in stores near you.


I'm posting something really thoughtful and amazing today. Because I want my 200th post to occur on a Gladitude Monday. You understand. My 200th post with this blog. I've had 2 others. Which means...there are literally thousands of my words floating out there in cyberspace. Let me pause for a moment to reflect on this. S.c.a.r.y.

I'm back. I think since I've landed near the 200th mark (far more than at my other spots), here is where I'll stay, clicking my heels. For there's no place like home.

Today is sunny, which makes me happy. The sun keeps me more alert than the clouds, and this is especially significant since I was up late last night, falling asleep to bad TV, and could really use a 5 hour nap. I don't go to sleep as quickly when Big's not around. That sounds like a slam, but it's not. Really.

It's Canine Grooming Day at our domicile. Because it's sunny, and everything we do seems to follow the weather forecast. It's sunny: ergo I can be awake and alert AND brush and clip the golden (non) retriever outside. In the pollen. And then, after our shower (how else do you bathe a 100 pound dog?), she can take her stinky wet-dog-smelling self out to the yard to dry as she enjoys a nice long nap in the pollen-laced yard. After said nap, I'll give her an allergy shot, and bathe the wiener dog.

He's easy and requires no real skill. Except in the wrapping and holding afterwards.

Big doings.

Did I mention that it's sunny?
Photobucket

9 comments:

Denise said...

I ove you sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for sunshine for you!

I totally get you on the sleep thing. I stay up all kinds of hours when K's not here. I'm glad when he gets home for a lot of reasons, one of which is that I'll finally get some sleep! And I don't mean that as a slam either.

Carpool Queen said...

I sleep so much better when C is gone because he just MIGHT be a wee bit of a snorer.

Paint peeler might be a more appropriate term. And I say that in the most loving and supportive way possible.

Yay for sun and weenie dogs. And cleanie dogs.

Suzanne said...

I wanna see pics of the canine grooming..lol. I think you sent your rain our way for a while, which is fine since we really need it.

Funny that you should quote from The Wizard of Oz since that's what our kids are all watching right now since they're done testing. Sadly, I don't think most of them have ever seen it!!

Amber said...

I'm with you on the sunshine. And the sleeping. And the non-sleeping. But you lost me at washing the dog. Because that's what rain is for.

Enjoy your day, sister. You deserve it.

Shanda said...

I am much more productive when the sun is shining too...I think that God may have programmed us that way.(Although you will not find that ANYWHERE in the Bible; that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

Enjoy the wetness of your sunny day!

His Girl said...

so glad for your sunshine!

and very very much looking forward to your anniversary post!

Becky said...

Sunshine in your area is indeed something worth celebrating.

My mom reports that the garden center where she works FILLS up with people on Sunny days. Everyone is so excited to herald Spring!

Tiffani said...

as always, anything you say makes me smile laugh or something!! :)

We NEED a grooming day soon (that includes the kids)!

Yay for enjoying your sunshine!