Monday, April 13, 2009

Gladitude Monday

10. Glad that everyone is finished with his/her spring break. Not so much because I'm tired of them...but because we all thrive on routine. With all our schtuff in disarray in wait for the new carpet, and with all of us on top of each other since we didn't leave town...let's just say, I'm ready for school. And so are they. :)



9. Glad that my dtr is trying her hand at track this spring. So far, her practices have been cancelled due to more rain than usual. She's at that "I feel ugly" and moody stage--tell me it's a stage--and I think doing this will help her feel more confident about her body and cool about learning something new. Might also help those hormones, which would be fine by me.



8. Glad I joined Face Book. Or I would never have known that my (1/2) sister got married last week. Suddenly I saw this girl who looked an awful lot like my sister in a picture, but she had the wrong name. Duh. We've sinced IM'd because I'm now on the cutting edge of technology, and she's very happy and doing well. That's what's important.



7. Glad that we are stepping off the heart attack express this week. Oh, the chocolate, the grease and other goodness from the earth...they've been constant companions for about a week or 2. Time to move along towards health again. I'll miss my fattening friends.



6. Glad I got to see a terrific band this last week. The lead singer goes to my church. They're called dysFUNKtion because they play all the disco-funk that we grew up with. Brick House anyone? Journey? I went with a girlfriend and danced my patootie off. Big was sick, or I'd have taken him. But really...it was a girl's night out evening. Just FUN.



5. Glad for participation in our Good Friday's service. I'd never been to/participated in a Tenebrae (shadows--a service which portrays Jesus' 7 phrases/sentences from the cross in decreasing candle light) service. The 3 minutes of absolute darkness and silence were a.m.a.z.i.n.g.



4. Glad I have a cold. Really. Why? Because it reminds me that my body is normally quite healthy and sound and that this health is an incredible gift.



3. Glad we did Easter baskets/egg hunt on Saturday. Made for a lower key weekend, which was nice since service was 1/2 the day today, and I required a nap.

2. Glad someone told me I had great legs today. Whyyyy thank you! Bats eyelashes. Isn't it funny how sweet words can just change your mood? Probably one of the reasons she noticed them is that I'm usually a jeans type of girl, and today, I broke out the skirt, foofy shirt, and heels. I put my cute on today. Even my hair cooperated. Hallelujah!

1. Glad, so....very glad that He is Risen! Woooty wooo hoooo! What a thrilling, humbling, awesome service today. Lurved every second of choir, despite my cold. I bucked up, medicated well, and sang my heart out for Jesus. Yes, truly...for Jesus. He is risen, indeed. Photobucket

13 comments:

Denise said...

I enjoyed reading this sweetie, love you.

Unknown said...

Love your Glatitude!

And I have to say Amen to #'s 7, 2 and 1.

I wore a dress on SUnday and every one commented on how they had NEVER seen me in a dress...so funny, but so true!

Carpool Queen said...

I, too, never wear dresses. I wore a skirt on Sunday and had to dig through three pairs of pantyhose before I found a pair that didn't have a run in them.

Who invented pantyhose? Can we *take them out* posthumously? I may or may not have skillz in that arena.

Shanda said...

Don't you love it when even your hair cooperates?! I'm sure you looked lovely!

We are traveling this week so didn't go to the "home" church for Easter Sunday but, WOW! The choir here was amazing...there's nothing like praising God for the resurrection of His son with a choir who is feelin it! I'm sure you were a blessing to many.

Michelle C said...

I'll be baling the heart attack express with you. I so need to find some self-control! These skinny people I live with just need to quite tempting me with their candy.

Your Good Friday service sounds so wonderful. I've never heard of such a thing. I will have to investigate something like that for next year.

Cheryl Wray said...

Awesome list!!!!

I think track will be great for your daughter. I'm a big believer in any sort of organized sports; I think it's such a good thing!

Gotta love it when someone compliments your legs (or any part of your body! :-)

Amen to #1!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I'm gonna do a Glatitude post today because my heart is bursting!

How is your hubby feeling today? :)

That was nice of you to make him some CFS.
And I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSOOOOOOOOOO glad you joined FB. It's a brighter place now!

Tiffani said...

I echo Mer..SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy you're on FB!!!

I am wishing that I could've been at YOUR church service...3 minutes in darkness...wow. I love Jesus. :)

Praise the Heavens for routine...we HAD to take a Spring Break b/c the Virus trumped School..

Glad Your Gladness Always Makes Me Glad!!! Love ya!

Becky said...

If you start vacuuming in heels, I'm going to be worried, lol. I kid...I enjoy dressing up every now and again, too. Slough off the frump-ness and get in touch with my frilly inner-chick for a bit.

Track will be great for your daughter. Getting lots of exercize and getting into shape now...these are good habits to promote while they're young, because it certainly doesn't get any easier!

That Good-Friday service sounded wonderful.

Suzanne said...

8. Oh my gosh, the only problem with facebook is that it keeps me from blogging! lol I talked to a sister-in-law for the first time in years and had a mini-reunion with my high school class because of facebook.

Angela Nazworth said...

I always love these posts. So funny though, I kept rereading 9 and thinking---why does she care if her doctor is going to start track? And I kept thinking it made no sense...then I I caught those extra letters. Duh to me. :-)

His Girl said...

Well, a)I am not glad you got sick. that is crummy. b) oh, I remember having the uggs. not the shoes, the feeling, like it was yesterday. (okay, maybe it was yesterday) and c) hooray for someone saying something about your legs... keeps you going for a good long time, doesn't it?

Angie said...

Send me a friend request......Angie Bryant Lechner