Our house has carpet which is
Since we got a bit of a tax return,
Can I have a big Snoopy "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!".
And also...if you buy a house some carpet--you must paint the dirty, scarred, paint-worn walls of the rooms intended for said new carpet. By the time I'm rolling and patching and brushing the walls in our upstairs, I'm going to have guns as taught and sexy as Dr. Drew on Celebrity Rehab. Well...not really...his having the advantage of testosterone and all. But still. Painting is a work.out.
I never knew contact lenses could get paint spatters on them.
But I'm not the complainer type. Oh...nosiree. I am strapping on my big girl bra and hiking up my big girl underwear and rising to the task. For I know it'll be wonderful when it's done.
Lessons? OH...yes.
1. Don't be lazy. Do not let your house fall into poor stepchild syndrome. We have taken her for granted, and now we're paying the price.
2. Have I mentioned...keep up on the house? Do little jobs before they become big. And realize that once you start home improving one area, the other areas will fairly beg to be redone as well. Gee, the walls and floors look great...but look at those shabby counters, bathrooms, cupboards...Take advil.
3. Give thanks for provision for new carpet. And realize that the true treasure for which we work is in heaven.
4. Give thanks for the opportunity--albeit a painful one--to regroup and declutter and start fresh.
And that is all.
P.S. We're having the carpet laid on Thur and having Easter Brunch on Saturday. Have a nice day.
12 comments:
Your house is going to be all fresh and sparkly!! Keep pressin' on my friend! It WILL be worth it!
I really do try to stay on top of the little jobs; but somehow they keep reproducing like bunny rabbits faster than I can get them done.
Don't serve red punch for Easter brunch!!!!!!
This has been your Ranger Rick safety tip for the day.
And we have started THREE times to recarpet and keep coming up with excuses so that we don't have to clean out the closets, and under the bed, and in the office, and and and....
Would you like a set of off white furniture to go with your new carpet? That is what we inherited from my inlaws a year ago. UMMMM I guess they forgot that we gave them four grandsons...
Love your blog, I am friends with Meredith, Amy and Susan from college.
Ooohhhh, enjoy your new carpet! Just the thought of it makes me want to lie down on it with a big fluffy pillow...lol...since I would never think of lying of my current carpet after having been tromped on (or worse) by the multiple kids, dogs, cats, etc.
Woo Hoo, hope you enjoy your new carpet sweetie.
First of all, the title of this post? Pure genius, I tell you. Plus points for the Snoopy reference. Out loud laughing at the paint splatters on the contact lenses AND the big girl bra and underwear. I knew about big girl underwear but not big girl bras! You're a funny, funny friend, m'am.
I'm back to say the other reason why we don't have new carpet is because my beloved knows that new carpet begets new furniture. Which will beget new knick knacks to set upon said furniture, which might beget a call to a decorator since I don't know what I'm doing....
This has been your reading in Numbers today.
I'm sure it's going to be lovely when it's all done...you'll HAVE to post pictures!
Yep, when we moved in this house, that was the first thing we said..."The Carpet Goes". But then that turned into all new paint, cabinet colors and fixtures.
But it's worth it in the end. You're good for another 20 years or so now, lol.
Hi Gretchen!
I know your new carpet will give your house NEW LIFE!!
Have a wonderful Easter Brunch!
Jill
Years and years ago we brought home a sample of carpet and had the profusely shedding german shepherd lay down next to it - they blended perfectly so we went with it. German shepherd carpet. Now we've moved on to a semi-gold that is approximately the color of the golden retrievers. I thought everyone bought their carpet the same color as their dogs they were dumb enough to move into their homes.
If it makes you feel better, I spent yesterday painting ceiling, walls and trim in middle daughters 'new' home, and going back today to work on bedroom #2. For some reason I'm sick to death of painting my own place but don't mind it at all at hers, and it does fight off grandma flab on the upper arms!
love CPQ quoting "scripture"...
I'll get to the carpet in a minute..Celebrity Rehab is one of my fave train wrecks to watch..thought I was the only one..let's discuss this soon..
YAY! NEW CARPET! Work it girl!
How fun to get new carpet...and new walls. You're gonna feel like a new person in a new house! Pictures will be forthcoming, right?
Post a Comment