Time for a smackerel of glad attitudin' for the day. I hope today leaves you at least one highlight in your glad-basket (or buggy, as Mer would say).
10. Glad that the days are indeed longer, if not totally warm yet. But we've hit the 70s at least once, and by July, we should again. :)
9. I've taken 3 loads of schtuff to Value Village. I know that we're having a neighborhood wide garage sale this weekend, but I can't bear to just sit with this any longer. I'd rather just get it out of my house. Note to self: Do not GO to garage sales of your friends and neighbors. Abstain! Say it with me: No.more.crap. No.more.crap. It's shameful how much we've pack-ratted away in just 8 years. Terrible. Nevah again.
8. Glad I finished Drama Girl's 50s circle skirt, complete with poodle. This week is "Decades Week" at her school. We both agreed after discussing this that telling Mom costume wishes and needs more than 48 hours before upcoming events bodes well for future enthusiastic Mom-participation. We have Tuesday (60s) and Wed (70s) all figured out. Still working on 80s (Thur) and Future (Fri). Perhaps the '90s were too grungy to celebrate?
7. Glad for playing BINGO this week at a friend's house. Apparently, like
6. Glad for the delete key. Just sayin'.
5. Glad that my daughter told me today, "Mom, you never have to explain to me why we don't go shopping that often at Wa*l Ma*rt. " She had first-hand exposure to the folks ahead of us in the 10 items only line with twenty-eleven items. Further along on our drive home (the odyssey which took us shopping for "Decades Week), she asked what I didn't like about WM, since she had shared her frustrations. I said simply, "Honey, it just brings out the worst in me." And it does. But it sure is cheap.
4. Glad that we could do a community service project as a family (as part of Big's corporate community service day) over the weekend. We cleaned out and painted laundry rooms in housing provided to local folks who happen to be battling mental illness. It was a gift to us on so many levels. One of the biggest gifts was the fact that this housing is less than 15 minutes from our suburban bubble. I talked to the kids (and Big) about how our mission field can be as close as right next door, as well as overseas.
3. Glad for my guest appearance on His Girl's blog. I had no idea the response would be so touching to my heart. Thank You God for the subject matter. Thank you, Amber, for the opportunity.
2. Glad that even though Big is gone, I'm not filled with anxiety, dread, angst, resentment, or any other futile state of mind at his departure and length of trip. It is what it is. I can throw tantrums, or I can cowgirl up. Either way, the time comes for him to leave. I'm glad that I miss him terribly. I could do without having impending disaster each time he's gone (you know how it goes--it's always something when they're gone), but I'm glad there's a noticeable hole. It's God-sized and Big-sized, all at once.
1. Man, I'm a wordy mcwordster today! Glad for cereal for dinner. And lunch. And even, breakfast. Sometimes in one day. But usually...not.
14 comments:
Ick. WalMart. 'Nuff said.
And how awesome to have the opportunity to do a service project with the fam! Love that!
Love that you are a Wordy McWordtser!
I'm hoping that Drama Girls School isn't doing the 90's because it isn't enough "in the past". At least for 80's day you shouldn't have to look farther than the mall...its all coming back. As if living through it once wasn't bad enough.
Ok, I could say 10 other things about this post...but I won't hijack your comments box! Loved the list though!
I love Gladitude Mondays here! It helps me get my glad on to get the week going! Ah, costume days. Every other day was costume day in preschool. Is that supposed to be like homework for moms or something? Like a little creativity test?
My kid was going to be a frog in the play. Told me the night before.
Went to Walmart.
Bought green shorts and green t-shirt to go with his green crocs.
Aren't you impressed with my creativity?
WalMart tends to bring out the worst in most everyone I think...at least around here anyway!
Ah...the delete key!
Your family service project sounded amazing. Wish more companies did stuff like that!
Have a wonderful fresh week my friend!
would you believe i used to refuse to ever go to WM? Then S4J took me through and did a WM lesson... how to find this, where to look for that... it was very educational.
I still don't love going there, except when I add up my purchases :)
Love your list...as always!!!
The Bingo night sounds wonderful; and anything combining wine and girlfriends is a good thing to me!
Love your family service project. That is awesome.
Awesome list sweetie, love you.
I used to be in a bingo group..and then later in a keno group. Now hubby and I are in a couples bunco group...so much fun!! I've been thinking about starting another bingo or keno group since I miss having that get-together time with the girls!
This was really funny and gave me a smile. I am now completely distracted and am going to be even more behind on my writing deadline that was last Friday. Yikes.
Enjoyed your gladitudes. Hugs
I'm a costume-challenged mom. My daughter has an upcoming costume event and I could have hugged her sweet neck when she came home and said, "Hey Mom, I'm gonna be a tour guide so I can wear normal clothes and you don't have to figure out my costume."
She knows me well.
I love your Glatitude list. I feel rather cheery after reading it.
I always enjoy your gladitudes.
No more crap! No more crap! (This should be my mantra, too. It's shameful how much we have in our garage...when the center was cleaned out only three months ago.
You know, there's a community service field right here in Los Angeles. It's called a kitchen remodel. Come on over if you feel God stirring your heart.
No. More. Crap. I am saying that one MY behalf as well - it's pitiful over here too. And I LIKE to clean out and organize, but the junk still just multiplies. Crazy.
I'm glad that you're handling Big's absence in the best way possible - now we'll just pray that all is calm while he's away. And you're right - it's a GOOD thing that you miss him!
Post a Comment