...why the stuff I actually complete in a day is so much less than that which I "just know" can finish
...whether the man who accidently swallowed scissors while picking his teeth with them feels foolish or lucky or both...poor guy made international news
...(well assuming I liked math) why I prefer to add, rather than subtract. I would even say I'm a far better adder than subtracter. But why? They are simply inverse operations, right? Am I wired to be inflexible?
...why I am arrogant enough to read God's word or listen to a sermon, and still come out on the other end thinking possibly I have extenuating circumstances that God doesn't understand. Gah! Fortunately, I'm repenting, but this is still a tendency.
...why I prefer facial hair on Big, when it prickles me to no end.
...when Lorna Landvik or Gail Tsukiyama or Dorothea Benton Frank, or any of my other favorites will pony up with a new novel already! It's going to be raining here for many more months, I fear, and I need new books.
...why a pineapple is neither a tree, nor an apple (discuss)
...why it matters that Mrs. Obama touched the Queen. Or didn't. Or wore a sleeveless gown...no hat...a hat...jacket...no jacket.
...why I plan home improvement projects with Big when it means we have to go thru all our s.t.u.f.f. and move it around the house, and spend lots of money to do this.
...why i have too much stuff...
I guess I don't wonder about that. Now I'm wondering
...how to get rid of it. I'm ready for a dump truck to come haul away everything. I don't even want to look at it. Oh, you know I will. I'll go thru it. For some lessons are best learned the painful way.
...how to maintain a close and fresh relationship with my 10ager who is someone different every day I look at her. She hates me. She loves me. She rolls her eyes. She sits on my lap. More medication, please.
Okay...too much musing in one day is just too much musing in one day. So off I go. To clean, declutter. And nap.
9 comments:
Subtraction how I hate thee. And I never trust my answer so I always add back just to make sure. I love adding. It's so clear.
Maybe this is why I have hoarding issues. Discuss.
And there are days like today when I read about your 10ager that God whispers "This is why I didn't give you a daughter. You don't need any more medication." Though military school certainly looks attractive...
Sounds like your relationship with your 10ager is right on track! ;) She is trying to figure herself out (Don't go changing medication or it might add more complexity than SHE can handle! She probably has YOU mostly figured out!)
I'm a "no sprouts" kind of girl...otherwise when we kiss it looks like I have board rash on my face! (surfing, in case you aren't familiar with board rash...)
I was listening to the the news about the whole "touching vs. non-touching" issue and was wondering the same thing!
I really don't know how you make it through the rainy seasons there! It's been raining all week here and I am COMPLETELY unmotivated to do a thing.
Yeah, I'm wondering about the 10ager thing too...some days are merciless.
Hang in there. I'm envious of your nap. I could use one of those today.
What is up with us hating subtraction?? I am so weak at it, really...I think b/c you, me and CPQ are creative/language geniuses..agreed?
Indeed I wonder the same about my circumstances with the Lord. OR, why I read/learn something and say "yes, that's me" and still continue in the "wrong" behavior...huh.
Oh, and your new layout is so pretty, I'd love some sunshine to go with it!!
The girl thing? SERIOUSLY, mine is 4 and we have had the WORST week together...why do I have such difficulty relating or having compassion for her...I AM a girl for pete's sake, I should "get" it...my son--easy peezy lemon squeezy (for now).
Woo hoo, great post my friend.
Ah, Gretchen. How I love you. I wonder so many of the same things.
Love,
Another Disliker of Subtraction
P.S. Maybe we don't like to subtract b/c we don't like for things to be taken away. Did I mention I was a psych major once upon a time?
Well, you've got my head spinning. I think it was the pineapple question that did it. :-)
You know, I wasn't sure how I felt about the way the Obamas handled meeting the queen and her hubby. Like everyone, I noticed immediately that Michelle didn't cutsy, Barack didn't bow and both of them touched her which we all know is a no no.
Then it hit me. I think this is the first time EVER that the queen did not look like a royal robot to me. So who knows - maybe the Obamas are a breath of fresh air and we just don't know it yet.
Not saying I voted for him. But still....
Deep thoughts, Gretchen. I think my brain is bleeeeding, lol.
Yes, the moody-broody thing with tweeners and the whole oh-my-word-I-'ve-only-got-6-years-left-to-prepare-this-boy-for-independent adulthood! thing has been smacking me down a bit lately, too, lol.
But God's grace is sufficient. It certainly was for my mom with all her teenagers, lol.
I hear ya on the stuff thang, too. I was truly convicted and humbled after watching Slumdog Millionaire last night. The abject poverty in that movie is so far from my realm of understanding in my cushy middle American life (and shouldn't be, because I should be doing more to help the needy for sure!)...well it just got me thinking.
Even being a homeless person in most parts of America I'd STILL have more at my disposal and be RICH in comparison to the majority of the rest of our world, and I certainly have NO ROOOM to complain about anything ever.
this goes to show ya, don't run or laugh with scissors... in your mouth
Post a Comment