Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hard Hat Zone

Pretty sure Flylady would call this an unmitigated disaster area. Or...instead of a "hot spot", perhaps 25 alarm 30 county "forest fire". I'm just c.r.e.a.t.i.v.e is all. Right.

15 minutes and a prayer at a time, baby.

Quilt and Scrap Land will emerge. For I am always seeing a pony in the...well...you know.


For now, however, I shall avoid the pit of doom and ignore it's pulling vortex altogether as I watch American Idol. Priorities.
But I did vacuum AND mop. And the sink--she is dingy, but as shiny as she gets.

Photobucket

13 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

So jealous of your crafty space.

Baby steps friend. Baby steps.

Hang in there.

Denise said...

Your doing good my friend.

Carpool Queen said...

That's a sign of genius. Move over, Martha. I am overwhelmed by the sheer delight that would be hanging out in that room and playing with all the possibilities.

I heart crafts.

I do not heart cleaning up after crafts.

Anonymous said...

YOU ROCK!!! And isn't it fun that we're all doing this together?! Kum ba ya, anyone?

(This concludes the "get psyched up" portion of this comment.)

I am so proud that I know a quilter. I wanted to be one but that experience? Yeah, talking unmitigated disaster?

Shanda said...

Minus the whole "crafting" part...it almost looked like my closet did when I began spring cleaning last week! ;) I was going to take some "before" and "after" photos...but pride got the best of me and I chose to keep it "in the closet" so to speak. Now I find myself stopping and just gazing at the finished product. SUCH an amazing feeling when you accomplish a project like this. So, press on friend!!! It will be worth it!

Barb said...

You're so lucky to have that crafting space. This looks doable to me - one little step at a time. :-)

Tiffani said...

I heart your craft room!!

I MISS my craft/homeschool room terribly....

Can't wait to see the end result.

I am so pleased with my ding dang sink...who knew a shiny sink could do a heart good...isn't that scriptural??!! ;)

Unknown said...

BEhind every messy craft room is a brilliant woman.

I mean, really, have you met a crafty person who's studio was spotless...that just tells me they buy everything at pottery barn!

His Girl said...

no joke, I would love to come and organize that whole space for you!

I hate to clean, but LOVE LOVE LOVE to organize.... oh, if we were only neighbors!

Shanda said...

Not sure if you "do" blog awards or not...but I have two in my post today for you!

Becky said...

So THAT is the hub of all your quilting genius! ;)

Looks remarkably like my own craft/guest room.

Others might not appreciate the 'clutter' of my craft room very well, but that's because they don't understand my system. I know every inch of that room, where to find anything in it in quick, and though it may not meet Martha's magazine ideals for organization it serves me well. (Plus, the door closes on it and can be locked if need be to hide it all away.)

Still, I strive and I strive for fab in there. One day...ONE DAY I will do the grand reveal...but there are no guarantees things will stay that way, lol.

Did you ever see the artsy handbag design 'studio' of the mom in Yours, Mine & Ours? with Renee Russo and Dennis Quaid? Flylady would have a fit...but I would LOVE that place!

Cheryl Wray said...

They say that a clean house is the sign of a sick mind...and I take this as a personal vindication of my lack of housekeeping skills.

American Idol was weird this week. What did you think? (Alison is my favorite and she keeps winding up in the bottom 3...not sure I've figured that one out yet.)

Suzanne said...

That's not bad at all. You still have plenty of uncovered space on the floor..lol

Oh, how I miss time for crafts! I'm looking forward to summer time when I will have a little more time for it.