Monday, March 2, 2009

Apparently, Filth Rules

So last night, I said, "Self, you need to clean the downstairs. I know you miss Big, and I know you're on vaca let down, but seriously. It's time to pull up the big girl panties and tidy up. You'll feel better afterwards, and you can even do your cleaning during the commercials of Brothers and Sisters." "Okay...I said. You're right." So off I went, running my little relay race between the TV and the kitchen/family room, etc.

Fast forward to this morning. My sweet daughter came downstairs. "Wow...you really cleaned, Mom." I told her, "Yes, it was time...I didn't want to wake up to the clutter and dirty counters."

10 minutes later, my son enters the kitchen, to the enthusiastic announcement, "Hey, David! Mom cleaned the kitchen!"


If I ever need humbling, I need not go far. Apparently, it was indeed time to clean.


Photobucket

10 comments:

Denise said...

lol, you crack me up. I love you.

Shanda said...

;) Gotta love kids!

Still singing "Play That Funky Music White Boy..." Great cleaning tune!

Unknown said...

Girl, I "get" you. Teenagers... I guess all kids, tell it like they see it. Cute. Have a great week.

Suzanne said...

LOL...sooo glad I'm not the only one who hears things like that.

Dawn Bibbs said...

Too funny! I'm glad my dog can't talk...he's complain all the time about the mountains of dust he has to lay in on the dining room floor. Who dusts floors anyways? :-)

Although cleaning does make me (and my house) feel better...I sure don't like doing it.

I will say though, I'm glad your kids are paying attention to their surroundings :-D.

Jackie said...

I am going to have to get my act together in the cleaning dept. before Savannah is old enought to notice and call me out like this! So not my favorite thing...I tend to let things slide way too long...much more fun to curl up with a good book!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Makes you feel better doesn't it?

OH MY GOSH...was Brothers and Sisters intense or what last night? I was glued to it...

His Girl said...

one time, when my girls were preschoolers, they saw me scrubbing the toilet & ran to ask my hubby...

"what is mommy doing?"


apparently THEY HAD NEVER SEEN ME SCRUB THE TOILET BEFORE.

that's bad.

Cheryl Wray said...

LOL

I seriously need to get in a cleaning mood myself. (It's not my favorite activity!).

Jenster said...

THAT'S my problem! I need big girl panties!!!