Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Am I the last on the bandwagon?

I saw this type of meme at Jenster's, Tiffani's, and Meredith's. Time for my fam to have a go. I was surprised by some of the answers, and think that perhaps this type of "interview" is useful for staying on the same page. It's amazing what we perceive about ourselves, and what others perceive about us.

1. What's something I always say to you:
Big: Put on your snorkel-00 (his c-pap--when he falls asleep watching TV, he snores too loudly)
Son: Do your homework.
Dtr: Did you take a shower?

2. What makes me happy?
Big: Respect (you'll see a theme here--the kids had recently been lectured...)
Son: chocolate
Dtr: massages

3. What makes me sad?
Big: Sass
Son: When you see dead animals
Dtr: When kids fight.

4. How do I make you laugh?
Big: Amateur dermatology (going after zits. Guilty. On everyone. Blushing)
Son: When you point out stuff that is very funny
Dtr: When you poke fun at us (nice...)

5. What was I like as a child?
Big: I hear you were stubborn
Son: Chubby. (thank you!)
Dtr: A girly girl.

6. How old am I? This one was easy, since I just turned 40. I'm probably 40 ad nauseum to them by now.

7. How tall am I?
Big: I believe the answer is 5'5". (the real answer? 5'5 or 5'6, I've had both measures in the last year. I'll spot it at 5'5 and 1/2)
Son: Short. 5'8"--no 5'6"
Dtr: Average. 5'8"...no 5'6" ...I don't remember.

8. What is my favorite thing to do?
Big: Blog and quilt.
Son: Yeah...quilt...or scrapbook
Dtr: Quilt

9. What do I do when you're not around?
Big: You work very hard...or should I say...lay in bed and eat bon bons?
Son: Get botox (he noticed! right)
Dtr: You work.

10. If I become famous, what will it be for?
Big: (first response) For being my wife. no...no...no...for your humanitarian causes
Son: Winning the lottery, I guess
Dtr: singing (really? oh, I get it...reality show. or singing TV jingles. That IS a talent)

11. What am I really good at?
Big: Providing the emotional/loving foundation of our home.
Son: Talking on the phone.
Dtr: Quilting

12. What am I not very good at?
Big: organization. (ouch)
Son: Giving money to her son. Cooking.
Dtr: patience (sucking in air very quickly)

13. What do I do for a job?
Big: she blogs
Son: lie in bed eating bon bons
Dtr: nothing
(Can you feel the love tonight???)

14. What's my favorite food: We have a trifecta: Chocolate. This is sort of correct. Though I like my chocolate best after a good Mexican or Italian meal. Oh, I kid. In between meals is groovy, as well.

15. What makes you proud of me?
Big: The fact that you get these 2 rascals moving in the right direction
Son: You brought me into the world. (and here I thought his self esteem might be suffering)
Dtr: You're my mom and only mine...successful and special.

16. If I were a cartoon character, who would I be?
Big: Charlie Brown's Sally or Cathy (comic strip)
Son: Donald Duck
Dtr: Minnie Mouse

17. What do we do together?
Big: Pretty much everything
Son: Argue. No...wait...we talk...we talk...I was joking about arguing, Mom.
Dtr: We talk, and watch TV, and cuddle.

18. How are we the same?
Big: We both...celebrate with food (ouch. he's right. yum)
Son: We look a lot alike, except for the obvious
Dtr: We're both strong-willed. (Amen.)

19. How are we different?
Big: You're more emotional. I'm more analytical
Son: I know a lot about Star Wars, and you don't.
Dtr: You are a woman and I am a child.

20. How do you know I lurve you?
Big: Through your actions (can you guess his love language?)
Son: You give me money...hint...hint
Dtr: You hug me...say you love me...kiss me good night...you're nice...

21. What do I like most about Dad?
Big: I'm your best friend. (so true)
Son: He gives YOU money so you can shop
Dtr: He stands by you in your decisions (I'm so glad she sees that)

22. Where is my favorite place to go? Another trifecta...Maui!

Photobucket

13 comments:

Carpool Queen said...

Why is it so important that we know a lot about Star Wars? Every. Single. Scene. And. Character.

And when I tell them I only saw Episode 4 ONCE, they just look at me in disbelief.

And I like that you included Big. I didn't have the fortitude to ask Craig.

Shanda said...

Nope. You're not the last on the band wagon! I have yet to heft my family aboard! Hoping I will have some time this weekend when everyone is healthy (and maybe a little less cranky!)

Loved Big's response to what you are good at!

Bon bon's, massages & botox...maybe I should be living in Seattle!

Unknown said...

Love that you included your hubby.

This is probably my most favorite meme's that have gone around in awhile! So fun to get to know you through your families perspective!

whimzie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm jealous that you get to be Charlie Brown's Sally!

What a fun idea to ask your husband, too!

Tiffani said...

You are all "original recipe" aren't you w/ including your hubs and all...soo good that way!

These were all so GREAT!

I'm cracking up over Star Wars and Carpoolqueen's comment, too...we should start a revolution..."wellll, ya know..we all wanna change..." sorry...

what a blessing you have in those three!!

His Girl said...

I am just fixin' to post my family's odd answer on my blog this morning. Just need to add commentary (to save face, frankly!)

I have a feeling our families would get along so well... how great that not one of them was like, "Wait... you LOVE me?" hahaha. sounds like they know

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I LOVE it!!!

Amateur dermatology made me laugh out loud (remind me to tell you about that) and so did the botox comment!

I thought this was such a fun meme to do. Interesting how our family sees us, huh?

Hey...I let the cat out of the bag. You can stop being all nonchalant now. (squeal)

Denise said...

I enjoyed this sweetie.

Becky said...

Way fun meme...loved Big's answer for #11, your son's answer for #15 and your daughter's answer for #19.

Jenster said...

LOVE your family!!! Totally and completely!!!

(And I'm wondering why I didn't have your question #21 on mine. Hm. I may have to do that one separately.)

Gretchen said...

CPQ: My son is chortling at your comment. I allowed him to read this post. I saw episode 4 about 3 or 4 times, the first was when I was 9, in Ft. Collins, CO at the Foothills Twin theater.

Shanda: Botox? Can't he tell that I'm still able to move my forehead? Weird.

Kellie: I have been with my hubby since God walked the earth, so I usually include him in most everything.

Whimzie: He wanted me to be Sally so he could be my big baboo. Men...it's all about them. :)

Tiffani: Actually, it was Jenster's idea. I cannot admit to originality whence there was none.

HG: We do have not-so-peaceful, but easy feeling. We say we love each other ad nauseum. Perhaps that's why they forget it...I'll keep 'em.

Mer: squealing so loudly...can you hear? And my dtr went off to school with the biggest dermatological need, but I deferred...discipline.

Denise: glad you stopped by.

Becky: Yeah, I suppose I'll keep them. At the end of the day...life is good.

Jenster: I don't know why you didn't have a 21...Conspiracy? I lurve your family, too.

Brandy said...

LOL!! I am so loving your transparency on the amateur dermatology thing!! hahah that is a major point of contention in my marriage. I guess there are pickers and there are non-pickers. Funny how they seem to end up married to each other.