Monday, March 2, 2009

Gladitude Monday

10. Glad that GS Cookies are sold only once a year. I heart me those samoas, do-si-dos, and thin mints. I wish I didn't.



9. Grateful that we're officially on the second half of Big's trip away from home. And when he comes home, we slide into b'day weekend. So it's all good. I'm going out with the ladies on Friday night whilst he's still a bit incoherent tired from traveling.



8. Glad we sang "It Is Well With My Soul" today at the end of our service. Of course that means that I need to cry. Since that song must be sung with a lump in throat.

7. Glad I get to be on worship team this week. The choir also sings, so it's a super-dee-duper musical delight.


6. Glad for this post. Probably my favorite one...nah, that's like picking favorite children. Can't. But still.





5. Glad for Amber's transparency series...again...probably among some of my favorite stuff of hers.





4. And for Sarah's "Things I Never Thought I'd Say". Can I have an amen?


3. Glad for Big Red chewing gum. For it a) gives my teeth something other than cookies to chew, b) the cinnamon-like flavoring numbs my tongue and makes those little white painful tastebuds appear, so I don't feel much like eating. and c) it keeps its flavah. Atomic Fireballs are almost as good, except they break my crowns. Because I chew them. Like an idiot.

2. Glad that while David was doing whatever it is he does in all his Rome Total War/Age of Empires/StarWars battles, I cuddled and watched "That Thing You Do" with Drama. Tom Hanks wrote and directed and starred in this 13 year old flick. I wish he'd go get some talent.


1. Glad that after Friday morning, I'll be finished sashing, quilting and binding the 5th graders' quilt project (for auction). Pray for bidders, people. Really. I had plans to finish this little work of heart over the weekend, but guess what? One of the squares is still at school. Oh, well. I was sort of useless this weekend in terms of concentration. Plus, shutting a door to do work in my house is about like picking up the phone to make a call. Both send homing beacons to my daughter to flock by my side ad infinitum. Boundaries...


Bonus Glad: Don't forget about my giveaway this Wed! We're decluttering my house one book at a time. :)


Photobucket

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

Glad for you, Gretchen!

Pink said...

Hello, I just found your blog via another blog....and I am glad that I did...what a GREAT idea...I think I just might do my own "Gladitude Monday", if you don't mind me using your idea?

Carpool Queen said...

I was so glad I managed to eat only one box of Samoas...and then I ran into my son's "BFF" outside the grocery and HAD to buy three more boxes.

Add to your list "I'm glad I'm more disciplined than Susan."

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

We've got WAY too many boxes of GS Cookies around here. I opened some Do-Si-Dos on Saturday...man...kinda stingy this year, aren't they?

I love Big Red too, though not a fan (until now) of the tongue-numbness. I need to remember that it will dull my taste buds and I won't want to eat GSCookies.

I also love It Is Well With My Soul. One of my top three fave hymn. Every time we sing it (not often) I tell John (thru tears) that I want that sung at my funeral.

Good luck getting that quilt finished. Post a pic!!!

Denise said...

Great list sweetie.

Shanda said...

I loved your description of snuggling with your son while he "was doing whatever it is he does..." Oh I can relate to that!! I don't even have the desire to try to figure it all out!!

We ordered our Girl Scout cookies eons ago and still haven't gotten those desired and hated "Thin Mints!" I think my girl is holding out on me! (maybe my husband pd her to???)

His Girl said...

10. mmmmmmmmmmmm me too
9. glad it's halfway done~
8. yes, lump. mee too.
7. wish i could be there
6. hard to pick faves on really good blogs
5.awwwwwwwww.
4. hahhaa.
3. mmmm.
2. totally JUST watched that movie. loved it.
1. boundaries... what be those?

Girl Raised in the South said...

Went over and read 'Dust'. Left me a bit breathless from the wonderfulness of it, really. Had to subscribe to him, to see what else is on his heart and mind.