Friday, February 27, 2009

Heeeeeeere's a Giveaway!

Well, I know that i had the massive good fortune not only to go on a lurvely vaca, but also to have read FIVE (5) books while away. I can't tell you how giddy reading 5 books in one week makes me. G.i.d.d.y. Because I'm a devout friend of the libarry, only 2 of the books are mine to keep. Or to give away, as the case may be. :)


Here they are: Click on images to be taken to descriptions...



This book appealed to me for several reasons. It's a wonderful, 30 year story of girlfriends. It's also set in Seattle, and it celebrates strength and redemption in each character. Lastly, the characters and setting, while relatable, are still a bit fantastic, in order to make things a bit fun to read about.

This book is also contemporary fiction, set in Florida. I enjoyed this book for the multi-layered plot and the flawed characters within its story. It speaks of the role of faith in their lives--and it questions both extremism and running with the status quo. Very unputdownable.


Here are the rules:

1. This contest is open to commenters only--if you've commented in the last 9 months, you're in. Why the limit? Because I wanted to give the chance for my loyal readers to win with the largest chances possible. Whenever I normally do a giveaway, I get 100 or so comments. Usually, I hover around 5-12, and I'd rather the folks who put up with me stop by the most have the biggest chance to win. I'll do other giveaways I'm sure, but wanted to make this one special.

2. You may enter for either or both books.

3. To enter, simply comment with your preference(s).


I'll draw for a winner on Wednesday (March 4th) by 10 a.m. PST. If the winner happens to only want one book I'll draw for another winner of the second book. Or something like that. Know that these books are gently used and one is watermarked. But they're still very readable. :)


Photobucket

13 comments:

His Girl said...

oooooh! I wanna play! pick me! pick me!

if I happen to be the winner, close your eyes and pick one for me and one for someone else :)

xoxo

Denise said...

Me please, either book sweetie. I love you.

Carpool Queen said...

Pick me! Pick me! I want the one that made you cry.

And I don't care if it's watermarked because then I'll just pretend I went on YOUR vacation where it didn't rain and you actually got to sit on a beach.

Tiffani said...

girl, i'm such a grumpy mama on this frog floater of a storm on this saturday morning that i'm not even using punctuation or capitalization..such a rebel...

so i think either book would make me feel like i was deserving of something since clearly i'm not deserving of sleeping past a certain early morning time on a saturday since not one but two children crawled into my beddy last night

if we were neighbors i'd bring them over drop them off and let your funny amazing kiddos entertain them oh the dog too and i'd beg you for a nap

okay long enough comment when all i simply needed to say was i'd like to win either book my sweet friend...

happy saturday

Sing4joy said...

I want BOTH! But I promise to re-giveaway if I win!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I loved Susan's (Carpoolqueen's) comment...isn't she great?

I'm in. And if you draw my name, choose the one you think I'd enjoy most. And then send the other to Susan.

Suzanne said...

I'm in too...and I think I like S4J's idea. State testing comes up pretty soon and I'm going to need something to read, since I'll be spending a couple of days sitting in a hallway at the school doing very little besides reading.

Love ya girl!

Jenster said...

I'm in for either! Funny thing - I just got an email from my sister the other day about the Kristen Hannah book. :o)

Adventures of Laura said...

I'm game - think I can get a book read before this baby is born? :) If not I'll squeeze it in somehow in the next few months. I love how you're so generous with your books. Thanks for the chance to win - I would love either one!

Jackie said...

Ooh, fun! You do know that getting a new book to read is one of my primary love languages, right? I'd be thrilled with either one!

I read 7 books last week and loved ever second of it. :)

Brandy said...

Hi, Put me in 1 time for each one!!

Alisa George said...

I was just talking to the hubby the other night and mentioned that I needed to find a good book. No joke, I said, "I should ask Gretchen b/c she is always reading a good book." So definitely enter me! =) Even if I don't win, I would love a recommendation!

Shanda said...

Oh, so glad I was able to catch up reading before Wed.! I'd love to win the "unputdownable" one!!