10. Glad I got to catch up with a friend with whom I haven't spoken in over a year. Just have not crossed paths, but we've always been fond of each other. She's looking better than I've seen her look in years, and I'm so glad for that because her life isn't easy of late. Nice that she's been able to take care of herself.
9. Glad that my friend Barbtha has knocked smoking on its ass for OVER 2 WEEKS! I'm so happy for her. Glad for her no-nonsense, transparent posts about her smoking cessation journey, from the decision to stop thru the 3 days of h.e.double.hockey.sticks. in the initial part of quitting, thru her nonsmoking cleaning fest. I'm so excited for this new chapter in her (and Rob's) life together.
8. Glad that Suzanne and I are gonna be "morning God time" accountability partners. We know it's a good idea, Maynard, we just don't always do it. We're both afraid of failing at this goal. But you know what? God loves those who fail or he wouldn't love us all, and He uses our weaknesses for His glory, so we should be good. :) My goal is to have quiet time at least 5 days a week.
7. Glad for a clean Pap smear result. And that's all I have to say about that.
6. Glad to have seen the dogs after our trip. My, unconditional love and acceptance in the form of doggy smiles and tail wags never felt so good.
5. Glad that my jeans still zip, but barely. Time to get off vaca-feeding and start eating like I'm going to win the pot. The absence of drinking a Mai Tai every evening will certainly help, I'm sure. Course that means the wine has to stay put away, too. At least for most of the week, right?
4. Glad about some really neat times with my kids over the past week. Our family really bonded, and our time together was so restorative and so (relatively) easy. This is the first time I wasn't tugging on swim diapers, going to the kiddie pools, and constantly child entertaining 24/7. The kids were finally a bit low maintenence. Yay. I thought the time would never come. The hiccup we have now is that Big is already on his way to China (to, you know, pay the bills and all), and the kids and I feel so sad without him. It's a long one, too...9 days. But...when he gets home, my b'day will be 2 days later, so that's kinda fun.
3. Because of #4, I read FIVE (5!!!!) novels. And I enjoyed every word of each one. Even when I was sobbing on the plane and my son wondered if I was okay. Yes...totally fine. Engrossed in a good book is all.
2. Glad for David's maniacal cackling as he watched episodes of "The Office" on the plane. We like that show. Nice to find something that we all like. Of course, we did the right thing and told him to be quiet. ;)
1. Glad for my daughter's and my first real heart to heart as girls/women, as well as daughter/mother. It was a painful conversation in many ways, and I think it's only a sign of the conflict to come. But it's also a sign of growth in our relationship--me letting go a bit and her stepping forth a bit. But not.too.much.'cause.i.don't.like.change.hmph.
And...there we have it. I'll post a few pictures soon and dodge the rotten tomatoes which follow. :0). I missed ya, gang. I really did.
So...who was your favorite at the Oscars???
7 comments:
I am SO glad you are back! I hope you post some pics soon so I can live vicariously thru you.
Hey, I noticed your reading list. Did you read all of those in Hawaii? A Thousand Splendid Suns is one of my faves! And that Bunko Babes looks light and fluffy which is just what I need.
Oh my goodness...you went to MAUI??? Where on EARF have I been? I didn't know you were gonna be traveling. {sigh} I'm such a terrible bloggy friend. I'm sorry!
BUT...I am THRILLED that someone I (kinda) know got to go to a place I LONG to travel to. Can't wait to hear all about it and see pix (talk about a hint, huh? lol)
Glad you made it back safely. Hugs from GA!
I never watch the Oscars, but I do want to know what book had you sobbing. Because I so love me a heartwrenching book.
Welcome back!
Well, my tomatoes are ready so bring on the pics!!!
Oh how I missed you!!!!!! Sounds like much fun/hearttalks/drinking was had by all! ;)
Didn't get a Mai Tai or wine on this here birthday but does dinner at Waffle House and TWO yes TWO whole donuts from Dunkin' Donuts sound great or what??!!
I can't WAIT for the time that my kiddos become a bit more low maintenance...such an awesome time for your family..no doubt!!
Glad you are home safe. Girl, about 6 years ago I went to Maui and was overwhelmed by the whales. I will never forget it. Be back soon to see those pictures. Hugs.
Ok, I feel better now after reading your gladitudes..I really look forward to them.
8. Love ya girl! :)
6. Dogs are so great for feeling loved!
4. It is so nice when the kiddos are a bit less maintenance.
Looking forward to the pictures and I promise I won't throw rotten tomatoes at you.
Oh, and I'm not an Oscars watcher much any more. I used to love them, but I never get a chance to see many movies any more, so it's not really the same.
I liked your list sweetie.
Post a Comment