Okay...a picture or 50 is worth 1000 words. I'll try to be brief and just let them do the talking. God does beautiful work, no?
I saw a rainbow every.single.day. This just outside our condo.
My 2 children's sensory needs are sooooo different. Jenny prefers the calm predictability of the pool,
While David prefers to be pounded by the surf. Many folks wondered who the boy rolling up and down the beach in a jellyfish position was..."Is he okay?" "What's he doing?" Only his favorite thing ever: major tactile overload!
So this is what we saw on our way to our whale watch. Took a 24 passenger zodiac. Highly recommend. You must stay 100 yds away from whales. However, they're allowed to come as close as they want. :P If they do come close, it's called a "mugging".Pectoral fin slap.
Perspective: my 6'4" husband is about as tall as that fin.
Mama whale.
Mama is lump to left. Baby is lump to right. I was a little worried for Mama--they look awfully close to shore. Hope she wasn't in distress. Maybe just had given birth. Or nursing.
Fluke. Just missed the fluke to the left (spray).
Another picture of the hump--probably a mama.Maui is the breeding/calving ground for Humpback Whales.
They feed in Alaska.
Typically there are at least 2--mama and baby, and then the males fight for "escort" or manwhore position for the next pregnancy.
Due to a terrible accident, the main highway was closed between our snorkeling marina and our condo. Closed for hours. So...we snuck around the opposite way on a local road. Some might thing road is too generous a term. I'd call it a path. Beautiful sights, but tiny roadway!


Tres pretty, no?



16 comments:
you look pretty! I totally didn't see any 'fat roll' until you said something about it! I loved seeing the pics of your family. I have never been to Hawaii, and I would love to go someday.
I'm SO glad you are back. I missed you. The pictures are AMAZING! And what roll were you talking about under your breasts??? I didn't see a roll! Only a really beautiful wife/mama!
Just be happy you have breasts.
Signed,
The flat chested one
PS - pics are beautiful, except for the scary one lane road.
Thanks for sharing such beautiful pictures, you are so lovely. I am glad your home safely my friend, love you.
I would love to go someday too! looks absolutely fabulous!
you know what I love? well, besides just the awesomeness that is you? the fact that you KNOW your kids. man, that's one of my most favorite sites to see in the world.
xoxo.
What HisGirl said.
Okay..this had me laughing and in awe all at the same time!!
I am in DESPERATE need of warm weather/water/sand...and I don't even live in C-O-L-D north!!
Oh your kids just are wonderful! I love their individuality and I think it's a neat gift to have a boy and a girl! Y'know i'm a little partial...
The whales! Did you cry?? I would have..I almost did just at the pics!! Absolutely beautiful...
and speaking of beautiful...
Wowzers...hot mama in turquoise with some good lookin' man...you should watch out for her she may try to steal your man! ;)
I will not even dignify the crazy remark about a certain part of the body with a comment. You look amazing!
Rainbows every day, whales, and beautiful blue water and skies...how did you come home?!?!
I'm so glad you & your family had such an awesome experience!! I wish people could understand that these kinds of beautiful experiences as a family are worth SO much more than spending thousands on therapy later on in life! ;)
& girl...you just need to edit that extra comment out...you look amazing!! What a wonderful picture of you & your hubby!
You look so great in these pics, Gretchen!!!
OH MY GOSH...LOVE the whale pics. I am stunned by the beauty you got to take in. And a rainbow every day? What a gift.
LOVED talking to you, friend, and feeling lame-o that I didn't even ask you about your trip.
You encapsulated your trip VERY well in this post. Looks like it was a great time for your entire family...and the whales! I'm in awe.
You and your man look FAB in that photo...I hope you frame it and hang it up at home. Seriously...you both look relaxed, radiant and good-lookin' to boot! Not to mention you were in Hawaii!
Glad y'all were able to get away and have such a good family time together.
Oh my gosh...these pictures are AWESOME!!!!!!! The whales look so amazing!! And that last picture is so cute; you guys look great!!!!
Gretchen,
Wow, what neat photos. Where did you stay. Looks like it was near where we stayed, Napili Bay???
Loved the rainbow especially. Your family is adorable. Too fun... hugs.
Love your sense of humor. We saw the humpbacks in Alaska one year. It was incredible. You have a beautiful family btw. Coming in from Barb's blog.
Blessings,
~Toni~
Umm....pretty good?? No my friend, you look fabulous! You and your boyfriend make quite the fine looking pair!
I'm with your son...I LOVE getting into the ocean and letting the waves roll over me. I could sit on the beach for hours at a time. It looks SO lovely.
Before I get into all my comments let me just tell you how happy this post makes me. Not really the post, per se, but the fact that you and your family had such a lovely, awesome, incredible, fabulous vaca!
Okay. Now for my comments:
BEAUTIFUL pictures!! Makes me want to go back! It's been too long! And I want to go back in winter! I really, really do!
I LOVE the picture of the four of you AND of you and Big. Truly frameworthy!
You are a hoot!! I read your commentary on the whales out loud to Todd and he totally sees why I can't wait to meet you IRL.
I've been meaning to comment on these photos since you posted them. Ahhhh - Maui. I've been there twice and love, love, love it. We've never been there during whale season though so it was especially awesome to see those photos. The others all bring back such wonderful memories of our time on the island - thank you so much for sharing them and I'm glad you had an awesome trip!!
Post a Comment