Tuesday, February 10, 2009

An Interview With: Tiffani

Okey Dokey, my first interview is with Tiffani, of Bears and Belles. I am drawn to Tiffani's bubbly personality, incredible faith, and sense of optimism that I see on her blog and in emails. It's my pleasure to get to know her more.

1. How did you meet the lurve of your life, Adam? I met Adam at a teency little church when I was 15 years old. I was immediately drawn to him--even at such a young age. His ridiculously wonderfully blue eyes immediately got me.

2. I see encouragement as a definite gifting in you, Tiffani. What would you say your primary spiritual gift is, and, other than God, who (if anyone) inspires this in you? Thanks and I am honored for you to think that and you are right on. I would say other than encouragement. mercy. My grandmother inspires MANY gifts in me but these two she's probably poured out the most...not just to me but everyone around her. I guess I like giving the "thing" I need the most from others, too?!

3. I know nothing about Georgia, except that I visited Savannah last spring and lurved it. Are you kidding? 80 degrees in April? What’s not to love? Name three things we will do as girlfriends when I come visit. Talk about Deep South, Savannah!? It IS divine down there. Okay: 1. We'd go to the Varsity in Downtown Atlanta and eat chili dogs and onion rings and drink a Frosted Orange (F.O.) and wave to the bell hop whose worked there for 60+ years then take in some great "downtown" things...sights, shopping, etc. 2. We'd go to Stone Mountain and sit on the lush, large, green lawn in front of the most beautiful piece of exposed granite/relief carving you've ever seen and picnic and talk and talk and talk and talk (we could even hike up the back side of the mountain) 3. We'd have to find a "festival" for that time of year...The Apple Festival in Ellijay, Geranium Festival in McDonough, Cherry Blossom Festival in Macon...warm sunshine in the spring, cool air in the fall...funnel cakes, craft booths, art displays, cloggers :), fried pies from scratch...you just can't beat it! You ready to come now??!! (I just realized re-reading this that all of our "fun" revolves around FOOD!!) Yes, I'm so ready. :)

4. “If I could share one thing about myself which no one would guess, it would be…” Gosh. This one was a little harder because really I am an open book...ask and I'll usually tell! :) But, no one would probably guess that I have a tattoo...a very special, dainty verse tattooed between my shoulder blades...not too big, not too small...a surprise for Adam upon returning home from TX---that in just a few words sums up my deep affection for him and for our relationship..."I am beloved's and my beloved is mine" Song of Songs 6:3...I like that it's in a place where only he can see it (other than in summertime, of course) and that it's a constant reminder of the gift of our marriage! Plus, I was totally "speakin' his language"--he has a couple, too. Also, it's been a semi-secret...until now, of course! I think that's totally sweet, and probably the type of tattoo which would appeal to me.

Barbara Walters-esque question: What kind of flower are you? Why? I thought all of these were quite Walters-worthy! Well, since I don't know much of flowers I do have to say that I am something simple and low maintenance...a violet, maybe. Their beauty is simple but yet they are a great contribution to any flower bed or pot. They come in a variety of colors and I think there's depth to who I am and I am a variety of traits, but just a simple girl nonetheless. Lovely!

This was so much fun! And I loved her answers! If anyone else is game for an interview, let me know, and I'll getcha asap. There are others in the works. :)

Photobucket

9 comments:

Denise said...

Awesome interview. My interview answers are posted on my blog sweetie.

Tiffani said...

Aw, gosh, I think I like myself! ;) This was very fun and I think I'll link to it on my blog for tomorrow!!

So, when are you gonna come down??!! I mean hello?! did I not entice you with enough food?!

I appreciate your sweet words...really.

Suzanne said...

What a great post! Loved it!

Oh, and when you go to Savannah, I wanna go too!!! That sounds like a blast!

Jenster said...

Great interview!! Tiffani - you sound like good people! (How's that for a Southern term?)

His Girl said...

This was so fun to read! What a great idea, Gretchen... and good questions, too!

Liking Tiffani already!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Very fun! I love you both...and Tif, I did NOT know you got a tattoo for your hubby! That was thoughtful of you! Did it hurt?

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

PS--Ya'll have to invite me when you get together or I'll be in a complete funk.

Becky said...

Awww, this was so fun. Tiffani''s blog is one I'll have to check out. ;)

That trip to Georgia sounds wonderful...but then anything involving food right now sounds really, really good.

Unknown said...

Awesome interview. Tiffany is one of my favorite bloggy people so it was fun to read your interview!