10. Glad for whipped cream in my coffee this morning.
9. Glad for an awesome Super Bowl. I totally rooted for the Cardinals even though I don't follow them normally. What a great game. Hat tip to Pittsburgh.
8. Glad for doing quilt squares in Drama Girl's class. It's a behemoth effort to get 17 5th graders to focus, settle, and do their squares, but their creativity is awesome. Prayers appreciated that someone besides me will bid on a classroom quilt. Um...that I get it sashed and bound by March 6th, too! ;)
7. Glad for great news from both my kiddos this week. I told about this earlier (straight As for David and a lead role for Drama), but it still fills me with gladness for them. Watching them be who they can be takes a bit of the sting out of them growing up and moving away. Though, it can said on some days that them growing up and moving away isn't such a bad idea. :)
6. Glad for singing on worship team. Me at my most happy, content, satisfied, and humble. Luuuuuuurrrrve it.
5. Can I have an Amen in gladness that January is ovah! Apologies to those of you who enjoy the month. And Bev's post almost makes me a believer...but...I'm still glad to be moving on.
4. Tickled about this post of Barb's, and this one, too. :)
3. Glad and so grateful that Suzanne's daughter is doing better. So scary when our kids are sick.
2. Glad that I'm finishing this post before the thundering herd clops down the stairs this morning. I suppose there is advantages to 0-dark-30 occuring until noon in Seattle. Cue Python music, "Always look on the bright side of life. Da dum da dum da dum da dum..."
1. Glad that in 2 weeks, I'll be in the air, jetting my way to Maui. Oh yes. Free seats. Discounted hotel. Yes. Starting the sunscreen application right.about.now.
8 comments:
Awesome gladitudes sweetie.
I'm glad January is over too...now I can head to Starbucks guilt-free.
Maui? *jealous*
Maui? OMG...I'm SO jealous!!!!!!!! (Can I stow away in your suitcase?)
I love your entire list!
#7 is really awesome and so special and gives me hope that I WILL be able to let go!
#6 well, that is the PERFECT description for me too and our church is about to go through a major change (our worship leader resigned) and if our music goes in a different direction...don't know what I'll do?
I had to laugh when you said "thundering herd." Boy, I remember how it could be blissfully quiet in the house and crazy a moment later, when the kids got up.
Hawaii??? If I didn't love you so much, I'd just go ahead and hate you. Sigh. Lucky you!
Maui go with you?! ;) (Couldn't resist)
#5 - Amen, Amen, Amen!!!
#3 - I'm grateful to have such wonderful friends who are grateful with me. :)
I always love your glatitude mondays...but I love th eidea of Maui too! I am soooo envious! i will want to hear all about it. Please have one of those fruity drinks with an umbrella in it, at or near a beach, for me. 'Kay?
I will be thinking about you!
Love,
Sue
Post a Comment