I'm on vaca right this minute, but before I go, I wanted to give glad. It's been kind of a crummy week in some respects, but that's when, for me anyway, the gladdies really pop out. And i'm thankful for each one.
10. Glad that we had an incredible, fantastic, revival-ish worship session this morning at church. The youth (16-early 20s) blew.my.spiritual.socks.off. I bawled like a baby and felt so close to the Father. Very, very cool. I'm one of the worshipers on the old people worship team, and I had to run up afterwards and tell the team what a gift they brought to me today. It was L.O.U.D., but it was awesome. And what's NOT to lurve about a kid jammin for Jesus with electric guitar and harmonica in hand?
9. Glad my lurvely girly appt went well. And glad for all the kind words and tips for dealing with life that my bluddies provided. God really is the lifter of my head, and I know he uses you just as much as anyone else in my life. Now to schedule a booby squeeze. Yes, Jenster, I will. I promise.
8. Glad that when we leave we don't have to put our doggies in a kennel. Our babysitter is not so available to us anymore because she's 19 and has school and a "real" job, but she's a wonderful girl and is happy to house/pet sit for us. So I feel completely happy for Murphy and Annie. They'll have petting and walks, and I won't have to pay $15 for each 15 minutes of dog entertainment. Please pray for her family...much job loss right now. Sucks. A company which is so essential to our local economy--name rhymes with "rowing"--is laying off by the thousands.
7. Glad that there is an upside to Big's travels far and wide (and too often IMHO--hmph): free air miles. 4 free seats. Who cares that we have to fly backwards to Denver and then to Maui. I'm everso grateful.
6. Grateful also because I've decided that during our trip--the 10th anniversary of my mom's passing (2/21)--I'm going to release her ashes in paradise. She was always cold, so I think this will do. Don't know why it's taken me 10 years. But it feels right.
5. Grateful that I am now gambling. That's right. I've decided to join a weight loss pool for accountability. $75.00 down. By April 2nd, if I lose 5%, I get $25 back. And by the end, on June 5th, if I lose another 5%, I get another $25 back. So...that's $25 for accountability for several months. But I'm planning on winning the pot, just so you know. Because I'll have new clothes to purchase. :) And there are 12 of us
4. Glad that Amazing Race is starting, Idol is in full swing, and Survivor is started. Yeah...those are the important parts of life, no? And I hope nobody had the gall to miss the 2 week cross-over Grey's Anatomy/Private Practice episodes. I mean, really.
3. Glad for hot pink toenails and SPF 70.
2. Glad for all the amazing interviews that i've been a part of this week. Who knew this would be so much fun to do and to read? Man, my being nosy is so gratifying. ;) Look for an interview with BeFri when I return. And we possibly are twisting Mer's arm, too.
1. Glad for reading my first Karen Kingsbury novel. Me likey. Me cried. But likey all the same.
Blessings my beloved bluddies.
9 comments:
I love you my dear friend, and I will be praying for you this week. I hope you enjoy your vacation, but I know it will be hard releasing your moms ashes, and remembering her. God loves you so very much.
Great list, as usual. You have a fantastic time and the idea of spreading your mom's ashes there is wonderful! Prayers for all manner of things for you during this trip.
And yes! Go get your goodies squished!!
Hope you all have a wonderful time. What a great place to spread your mom's ashes.
And good girl, scheduling a mammo-cram.
Have a great time on vacation. Hope it doesn't rain on yours like it did on mine. If it does, take a nap. Or six.
Girl, have a great time on va ca... Looking forward to photos when you get back. Hugs.
Had my "Boobie squeeze" about a month ago...gotta love when they ask you if you are comfortable...they ARE kidding right?! I liked Becky's description "Mammo-cram."
Have a wonderful time on your vacation!
Oh I hope your trip is phenomenal! Can't wait for the other interviews! They are so much fun to read!!!
Have a wonderful and amazing trip!!! Can't wait to see pictures of paradise when you return...
What a great list, Gretchen. Those four free seats to Hawaii are just amazing. And our tastes run to exactly the same quality TV. Amazing Race, Survivor and Idol are the three shows I don't miss - don't even answer the phone when they're on.
Have a wonderful vacation - I think your mom would love what you're doing with her ashes.
Post a Comment