
It's the best of times and the worst of times...Much to say (as always) and not much in the way of organization. Perfect. I'll do a post about nothing in particular! If you're game to join in, Mer would lurve to have you!
1. I have no idea why I say "lurve". Just feels good. I saw it in print a couple of years ago and was hooked. Why I'm attracted to such a word? Who knows. But y'all know I'm wordy.
2. My S-I-L called me the other day and noted that Seattle has seen more snow this year than her town (Thornton) in CO. Not. r.i.g.h.t. Isn't rain bad enough? Oh, I belly-ache. I know. It really is beautiful. On a postcard. Don't know if you can tell by this little comment that we had snow yesterday. And sleet. And I'm done.
3. My dtr (10.5) is interested in trying track and field this year. I have 2 thoughts on this: First, good for her for trying something new. She has my enthusiastic, unwavering support. Second, why? Whose daughter is she? Does she not know sweat is b.a.d.?
4. I about dropped my teeth when Kristy Kiernan commented on my comment on her newest book. Wow. Now I must go read Catching Genius, which of course I told her. Because I'm all about hobnobbing with authors. I also told her that finding a new author to read is tantamount to the perfect cuppa coffee or a great pair of shoes.
5. I believe in God, and love Him dearly. I know He answers my prayers. I happen to also know that I'm not always skilled in reading His responses. But get this: I had an answer to prayer yesterday which was so bold and incredible that I understood it for what it was. Can I have a woo hoo and then an Amen?!! Okay...I'll spill...a little. Essentially, I'd been praying about the fact that I was lonely; not quite feeling like I had anyone with whom I was growing and confiding in within my church. It's easy to have a lot of friends in church, but a true and special friend comes along rarely anytime, even in church. Guess what he dropped in my lap yesterday?
6. Dancing with the Stars was a welcome relief to the Bachelor. But sadly for sweet-as-can-be Steve Wozniak (co-founder of Apple), he has not proved that geeks can dance. My husband knows this to be true and didn't even have to go on camera. ;) Oh, I lie. Big can dance a slow dance...kinda.
7. I have never been able to grow my nails out past the tips of my fingers.
8. I made oatmeal scotchies last night for the kids' lunches. Ahem. I find that they are such a treat because they taste great, and they represent (the butterscotch pieces) something I longed for as a kid, but were "too expensive".
9. On my Easter post, I wonder if I have given anyone the idea that I don't have a wonderful marriage. Not that I should care what anyone else thinks, but...I have a great man. A sweet marriage, complete with bumps, thorns, angst and the most amazing friendship and full relationship you can imagine. My only sadness--and it's one for both of us--is that I feel like I have a huge present and want to share it with my hubby, while he's standing beside me saying, "it's okay...you go ahead...but I'm here for you and support you in what you do". Life could be worse. A lot worse.
10. One of the many perks of having my husband home is watching our 2 dogs get their fill of peanut butter English muffins in the morning. How they starve in mind, body and spirit when he's away.
Okay...maybe next month, I'll go with a theme. :)

20 comments:
My nails grow past the ends, but I always chop them off terribly short. Because I don't like the clackiness when I type. It annoys my manicurist. Well, it annoys my pedicurist who would also like to be my manicurist, if I had nails.
I love your random thoughts. And, I have no doubt that your marriage is happy and healthy.
When you write thoughts like on Easter..you are sharing yourself..and I "pity the fool" who would judge you against anything you've written...
The scotchies...yum-o...recipe sharing is a good thing y'know! ;)
A fun list.
I'm sorry your hubby doesn't attend church with you, though. Keep the faith. We had a lady in our church who prayed for her husband for 50 years. I still remember his baptism...he was in his 70s.
Haha, I loved this. Fun isn’t it? Thanks for stopping by. I always love making new bloggy friends. Hope you have an awesome day. Don’t be a stranger!! :o)
Gretchen - I have so much to comment on here. :)
You crack me up with your explanation of "lurve". Whenever I hear it (or rather "see" it - I never really hear anyone say it), I always think of you.
I love that God is concerned about our every need and longing...and I am so thrilled that He dropped just what you were needing in your lap. Loneliness is hard, and really good friends are hard to come by - so it's such a special thing to find someone.
I have been reading you long enough to know that you DO have a good marriage, and that you weren't knocking your hubby in any way. I know it cannot be easy to have SUCH a wonderful gift and not be able to share it with him...but our God is a big God, and I know that you are living your life as a testimony to Him.
I heart you, friend! GREAT list.
I loved it.
I know you have a great marriage and a great husband!
And it snowed here this morning. Ugh. It was 17 degrees and the roads were super slick. I hate spring in CO.
Thanks for playing along with me!
You are in my prayers, love you.
I love randomness. I really do. It makes me feel better to know that other people channel their inner Seinfeld as much as I do. So thanks for being random today!
Dancing With the Stars was a welcome break after all that Bachelor nonsense wasn't it?! Were you as excited as me about Melissa?!?!?! :)
Oh...and I've been reading Meredith's comments long enough to recognize your "lurve." I about busted out laughing when I read what you had to say about it!
Seinfeld style is fabulous! Nice to 'meet' you too. I'm seeing a lot of similarities in our age, years married and son's age. I'm going to have to come back and read some more. Thanks for visiting!
I loved the randomness of your list. I live not too far away from you SIL and I've been amazed at our lack of snow this year!
Ok..I totally loved the randomness of your post! And I too have had God answer some big prayers lately...why is it that we wait so long to ask him???!
Love Seinfeld! Love random!
And now I'm craving scotchies, thanks a lot!
Thanks for stopping by today. Come over any time and we'll makeup talk! ;)
Enjoyed your list! "Lurve" is almost like your signature word...wouldn't seem right if anyone else used it now!
What a fun random list and a great way to get to know you. I will be coming back to check out your book list on the side more thoroughly!
Thanks for coming by my blog earlier!
What a delightful list to read! I've been praying for a friend too. I know God will send the perfect one in His time! I made oatmeal scotchies last night too b/c the butterscotch chips were on sale for $1.25, the good kind! But I burned them. They still tasted good:) On my list today I said I want to visit Yellowstone and Mt. Rushmore. I should have put Alaska b/c that's on my list too! Ireland is on my international list for next month:)
I love this list of fun stuff!!
I also love that you had such a powerful answer to prayer. I have had a few of those "you asked and here it is...like 1o minutes after you asked" and it blows me away. We don't always get such immediate and strong answers, so it's cool when we do!
The comment about sweat...I totally get that!
hahaha. I totally heard the seinfeld transitional riff music as I began reading this (completely awesome) list!
That was a fabulous list. And I love leaving comments for authors also. Some pretty incredible names have written back to me. It's neat, because with email, it's so easy to correspond. And while I'm not a huge author by any stretch of the imagination, I still get "fan mail" here and there. And trust me - if someone intelligent like yourself writes me, I'm more apt to respond. Again, I'm no book author. YET. Love to you.
Hi, I'm Debbie. I found you on Becky's blog. This post was fun to read! I will be back. I'd love for you to stop by my blog! (:
I found you through Mer's and I lurve random too.
Oh and you're a pretty funny lady and I enjoyed reading a little of your blog!
Post a Comment