Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Simple Pleasures

Barb has this type of post going on at her place and invited us all to play...





Oh simple pleasures, how I lurve thee...





...blogging/both posting and visiting





...a dachshund's smile





...the warmth of my golden retriever's belly on my cold feet





...the first sip of coffee, prepared just right





...the sound of a text from a far away boyfriend





...piecing a quilt top made by 5th grade hands.

...annoying/fun/interesting TV shows

...a really, really good book

...a bubble bath, complete with book, tea/wine, and lots of h.o.t. water

...a cuddle from the kids

...unexpected hugs from the kids

...an uninterrupted conversation/thought

...time with girlfriends

...time with the boyfriend

...make up

...praise songs

...naps

And recently, a very simple pleasure has been looking out in my yard, and enjoying little green stems peeking out of their winter beds.

Anyone else want to play?

Photobucket

12 comments:

Denise said...

Beautiful simple pleasures.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I love many of those things as well.

The quilt? Awesome! I love it! I also love annoying tv shows and I think most of the blog world does too!

Sit A Spell said...

Simple pleasures...I'm all over that! That's what makes life so special...I think.

Carpool Queen said...

The quilt is simply beautiful. And most of your list I could say "ditto" to, as well. Especially the nap part, which I think will be calling my name since I'm up early.

Dawn said...

I'm Kristen's mom coming over to thank you for praying for her as she journeys toward a nicotine-free-forever life! Thanks for your encouragement to her!

Tiffani said...

I'm with you on many of these simple pleasures, dear...

esp. the doggie warming my feet!

That quilt looks absolutely amazing!!

Girl Raised in the South said...

Can I just take your list because really it's mine, except for the dachsund. I don't really need another creature to live with me. Otherwise I'm all over it.

Barb said...

That quilt is gorgeous, Gretchen. I'm just starting the Elm Creek Quilts series of books, so how fun to come across this photo. It's really striking, all the gorgeous colors in it.

My favorite of your favorite things is the dog's warm belly on your cold feet. How true, and how sweet.

His Girl said...

... a glass of water brought up to my bedstand by an adoring husband.

Brandy said...

Wow! The quilt turned out great! Thanks for sharing it!

the voice of melody said...

That quilt top is simply amazing! So gorgeous. Oh and I'm with you as far as the hugs. Thanks for sharing your simple pleasures. :)

Susie Q said...

What a beautiful post Gretchen...simple is always the best isn't it? We are blessed to know these pleasures...

Love,
Sue