Thursday, March 26, 2009

For All You Bargain Shoppers: A Two for One

This incredible couple came and made time to get together with me while on a working trip for John.


I cannot tell you how excited I was for this day. Perhaps not excited enough to make sure the collar on my jacket wasn't wonky, but excited all the same.


John and Mer treated me to a lurvely lunch at a restaurant right on Lake Washington in Kirkland. If you can't tell from the pictures, it's "sunny". Well, it's not raining, so it was sunny for Western Washington. I'm even sporting flip-flops to herald the 50 degree temps.


We talked some kid stuff, but mostly, just talked about schtuff. And laughed. A lot. Though no fluid escaped thru noses. Thank goodness.


And we shared dessert. Oh, yes we did. On our "first date", even.
Then it was off to Trader Joes for our after date-date.
I'm not saying that I am directionally challenged, and not very good at the "follow me" types of instructions when I'm the leader. I don't have to say that because John was able to navigate inspite of me just fine. I dearly hope they found their next destination.


I so had butterflies before I saw them, even though I knew it would be wonderful. After all, I've burned up the telephone lines with Mer with lots of important conversation before.

But it's different, face to face.

I needn't have worried.

It was awesome.

They are awesome.

Yep...I lurved me some John and Mer.

xxxooo

P.S. Mer has the most gorgeous eyes. I could hate her, but I won't. For that would be rude, and she came all this way...

But I can wish a little wish that Denver International Airport will be closed tomorrow (due to the blizzard in CO) so she and John will have to stay with me and my fam. I can wish a little bit of that...but i won't wish tooooo hard because I know their fam misses them.

Photobucket

18 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Awwwwww...it was so GREAT Gretchen! We loved it too! In fact, we were just talking about you...were your ears burning? (It was all good, I promise).

DIA is cancelling lots of flights. J's boss made it in, but another one of their party didn't. Your wish might come true. If it does, we'll be calling. We could have a slumber party!!!

Thanks for the time and the laughter...SO good for my heart.

Tiffani said...

WOW...everyone looks sooo beautiful!! I'm soooooooo excited! What a fun fun day for all of you!

I think I woulda cried!! I'm teary just READING it! I just can't wait for my first bloggy BFF meeting...I think it will be just WONDERFUL!

Can you imagine if you get to a slumber party?? Then, I'd go from just plain happy to GREEN with jealousy!

Becky said...

Wowza...I go away for a bit o' spring break, and come back to LOTS of JIMCS posts!

Yay for meeting up with bluddies IRL. You look fab, btw...proof that flip flops do not a frumpmama make! Heralding spring...I'm gonna use that one!

Luuuurved (winks) that tulip photo with your girl. Frameworthy.

Carpool Queen said...

How I heart these pictures!!!! I know you are just happy happy. My pics and post to come.

Shanda said...

My Denver friends are talking about cancellations left and right so if I were a betting person, I'd bet you get your wish!! It would probably be better for them to get stuck there rather than in CO where their friends probably couldn't get to the airport to see them anyway!

So glad you all had a wonderful time!!

His Girl said...

you are both stunning. stunning. stunning.

and now, a confession...

I AM SO VERY JEALOUS!!!

me next, me next!

Denise said...

So glad you two were able to meet, you both are so gorgeous.

Shelley said...

Hello, I'm over from a Teachable Heart and I lurve your blog. Would you by any chance be a Madea fan?

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

How wonderful! I love Mer's blog. You are both very very lovely! And you are just glowing Miss Gretchen!

Unknown said...

Gretchen,

The pics of all three of you are beautiful! Love that you had lovely weather.

It was so fun to think of you guys meeting on the same day, as far away as one can get from CPQ and I.

Someday I hope to have a great big ole meet up and meet all y'all.

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful girls! I'm glad you had such a fun time. I hope more are in store!

Julie said...

I am so glad you got to meet Mer face to face. I've met John too. They are both wonderful... But then again, so are you!

xoxoxoxo..

Jackie said...

Gretchen! Oh how fun this looks, and how super gorgeous you both are! So...since Denver had that terrible blizzard, was Mer stuck in Seattle, and did the slumber party happen?? :)

Amber said...

I heart John and Mer so much! Dear, dear friends of mine! I'm so happy for you that you were able to meet them. Everyone is better for knowing those 2!!

Brandy said...

LOL!! you cracked me up with the wonky collar, and how 'sunny' it is there in WA that you need to wear your flip flops. You must be a CA girl at heart.

Still chuckling....

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I wish I liked those pics of us...I keep looking at them and just wishing I could do some photo editing on myself...

Mels Place in Big Bear said...

Wow, those are about the most beautiful three people I've seen in a long time. I'm glad I wasn't there to ruin it! LOL. Kidding. Kind of.

Pretty pretty people.

Moriah @ Please Pass the Salt said...

I love me some Mer, too. :) Glad she had such a great trip and such a fun time meeting you!!!