Lord help me, I've started waaay too many sentences with "and" and "because". sigh.
Without further ado...
I lurve these puppies. They must be in season somewhere on the globe because they are plentiful at my supermarket and Trader Joes. I could eat these in a chair. With a bear, or in the air. Mmmm.
Brown rice doesn't suck for me, Dawg. It's alright. I either have it plain, or mix it with these (below) :
Rosarita refried beans make the others hang their little beany heads in shame. Enough said.
Okay...here's a little Tillamook. A shout out to my little Oregon dynamo. I lurve this cheese. Guess what? I can lurve it by the 1/2-1 ounce as easily as I can by the cup (ahem). I'd so much rather eat this than some fat free rubber stuff. I think I'd rather go without.
If you can't tell, I'm taking you through one of my favorite lunches. A bean burrito with avocados on top. Oh, glory! These tortillas are fairly decent in terms of fiber and decreased carbs. A bonus: they are soft and don't taste like cardboard. I don't even buy the other kind any more. 
I am a "drink" person, apparently. I do love the fruit of the bean in the morning, but honestly, I also drink a lot of tea. I just tried this (above) in the last few weeks, and I adore it. I don't even have to sweeten it because of the peach infusion. Seattle is cold, folks. I like something warm in my hand/tummy. This also helps a tiny bit with my afternoon fade.
This is one fat free thing I can abide. I have to race with my son to get to the carton first; and I try not to drink too much because I'd rather have solid food calories, but milk sure does this body good, especially over my morning bowl of colon blow.
Diet Coke, I know you are worldly, chemical crap. I won't judge you though. I promise.
I prefer white wine, but am growing a fondness for red, as well. A 1/2 glass of red or white wine is loverly with dinner at times. Sometimes, it's even loverlier at homework time. And yes, I drink in moderation. And you should too. Unless you choose not to. Which is even better. You can drive when we visit. Oh, I kid.
If I never believed in God, chocolate would be enough to convince me, since it is heavenly. I like to start and end my day with a little something sweet. Because I'm so sweet and all. This is a nice indulgence because it's in PRE WRAPPED PORTIONS. Seeing several candy wrappers in the trash is very convicting. So one in the a.m. and one in the p.m., and I have barely touched 9o calories. Me likey.So...as CPQ is so famous for, "help a sister out", won'tcha please.
What doesn't suck for you when you're trying to be healthy? Do you have any go-to meals that are edible for the entire fam which are home runs?

15 comments:
My gosh. I loved you. I loved you through your hoarding, through your m.o.d.e.r.a.t.i.o.n.,through your AI references and your lurve of golden bricks of Tillamook cheese. I was looking for your "follow me" button, because, by golly I would have signed up.
But my brakes began screeching and burning when I saw that devil can of Diet Coke.
I sit here with my cold can of Diet Pepsi with lime, knowing it can never work out between us. And I am sad.
I totally love you, you are wonderful.
Why oh why are you posting about moderation when I just got back from COSTCO???!!!??? I have hoarding issues as well. I think that's why I found a half eaten Hershey bar buried at the bottom of my knitting basket that I cleaned out yesterday.
And I have mixing issues, because I do not mix refried beans and rice. Whole beans, yes, but not the smashed. Makes me twitchy.
I enjoy a spoonful of peanut butter (JIF only), non-fat greek yogurt (fills me up and it's super super thick), and sugar free jello with a squirt of whipped cream from a can (thus defeating the health benefit of sugar free).
We can just sit at home and not drive anywhere because I like red wine (Carmenere is my new favorite varietal), and my current fave tea is Stash decaf chai in the evenings, because it's like drinking pumpkin pie.
I don't a thing about what you wrote b/c I forgot it all when I got to the wine and chocolate...that's all I needed to know anyway.
Although, I do agree about being healthy. I run/walk and people say "oh, what's your "mile" how far do you run?"...I say I don't know I don't care and I just want to be healthy.
I'm all about some moderation, chica...
I love Rosarita refried beans (black), Tillamook cheese, Stash tea and avacados...could live without the chocolate, but I make up for it in other ways.
And dang girl, Seattle IS cold.
Would you believe I tried to order Dr. Pepper FOUR times and no one had it. Is that normal???
Loving the list. And trust me, from a bulk eater myself, eating less gives you more energy.
And it's odd you wrote this, because today, at the grocery store, I SWEAR I SAW YOU. (And you looked gooooood girl)
You are so funny. Tiff has told me many times how funny you are and she is RIGHT!!!! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm proud of you for your quest in moderation. All of your choices are good ones in my book . . . except the diet coke . . . but if that helps with the moderation go for it sista!
My hubby is a man whose love language is food and my mom's LL is food too . . so I understand your struggles.
I love avacados too! Little lime juice, little salt...mmmm!!
Moderation can be so difficult...I hear myself saying, "less is more" to my daughter often and it always resonates back to me.
Mmmm, that peach, ginger tea looks good. I just might have to try that...
My favorite tea of choice is Tazo Green Ginger and Tazo Refresh.. (one bag of each)... YUM!
Glad you found some edibles that you can enjoy...
xoxoxoxo
When did you sneak into my kitchen? I have almost all of this stuff, except the diet coke and that particular cheese. I love those tortillas, I won't buy anything else now either. And beans and brown rice and avocadoes- yes, ma'am.
I also love Greek Yogurt - delicious. I also have been eating a lot of ricotta cheese, it might sound gross but it has really grown on me. And you can't go wrong with fresh blueberries!
I have hoarding issues as well. And I cannot be about the X number of pounds either, cause I have been defeated before as well. Check out this post I wrote last week
www.ouisaforpresident.blogspot.com/2009/03/maybe-im-little-side-of-center-but.htlm
Lurve your blog.
I can not even begin. I love me some food. I like healthy food, I like unhealthy food. I read cookbooks, for crying out loud. Not "read," as in looking for a recipe, but "read" as in page after page, imagining what it would taste like. I couldn't even begin to start a list of food, how I love thee, let me count the ways...
I love a good fountain Diet Coke. Don't care for it as much out of a bottle or can. But I really try to avoid aspartame. I'm pretty sure it might be evil. Right now I'm giving up Coke. For the eleventy thousandth time. (The classic version of the soft drink, not the illegal drug)
Oh my goodness, sometimes I really think we may be long lost sisters. Pretty much everything you listed is on my favorites list as well. Chocolate and wine..mmmmmm.
My favorite "healthy food" would have to be Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters™ Grillers™ Recipe Crumbles™. It's like ground beef (with a slightly chewier texture) and I love to use it for taco salads, spaghetti sauce, Hamburger Helper..most anything that would usually call for hamburger meat. It's way less calories than real hamburger and it has 3 grams of fiber per serving! Plus, the family tolerates it very well (especially my vegetarian daughter!).
Hmmm...I could do a whole post on this and I should..
We live on Avocados here too. When we get a house, I am going to plant a tree.
I like apples and TJ's Raw Almond Butter. The apples have to be cut. Also, there is this olive tapenade that they sell at Costco that is a.m.a.z.i.n.g. I like it on those Wasa crackers - I know cardboard. But they are good for you and when slathered with yummy olive tapenade..not bad. You can also smear them with a bit of your TJ's almond butter, a little honey and they go fabulous with tea. That tea you mentioned sounds like a must try!!
I need to start blogging about my healthy eating challenges and exercise challenges too...in hopes of doing better, and gaining some much needed accountability.
I bought some of that ginger peach tea today (because it was snowy and cold and just sounded SO good). It didn't disappoint. I've had three cups today...and I like it with a bit of honey. So good.
Post a Comment