Tuesday, March 24, 2009

If I Don't Share These, I May Forget...

Apparently, Barb from A Chelsea Morning has invaded my body because I bought cleaning supplies the other day. And I have even used a few. There is no other explanation for my compulsion to clean. For at least 5 minutes before taking a break and checking Google Reader. Ahem.





BTW: If you don't have Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day All Purpose Cleaner...you're just a cleaning poser. Just sayin'.






Wii Fit, you have some 'splainin' to do...I'm very angry. And I wanted you. So badly that I asked my in laws for you for Christmas. And I've waited for you...I've waited till the stores were restocked.


Does the girl child in the below picture look morbidly obese to you? Look carefully. What I think you'll find is a pre-pubescent, 5'2, size 9.5 shoe-wearing tween-ager. According to Wii Fit, she's in the obese range for BMI, and furthermore, her adjusted age is 45. You read correctly. I have to say, I did email Nintendo. Not only is it insane that my daughter fitness tested at 45 (she works out 3x a week), but her Mii (little mock-person) is rotund. Now when she exercises, she has to look at this Mii and...well you get the picture. I'm horrified on her behalf. David's score was horrid, too, but not nearly as awful as Drama Girl's. FYI, she hasn't given me permission to write her name on the blog, and David has. If I've ever written it, it's been by mistake. :) As I wrote to them, I think they missed a big opportunity to encourage and motivate, rather than mock and crush. Um...yes, there were tears. But I told her to just ignore the readings and work out for fun. Bless her heart, she's been on it twice since then. Trying to get over this.
UPDATE: The girl child is more over the angst than I am. Because I'm the momma. She's working out. We all love the idea of the Wii Fit; I just don't like the misinformation it presents. I feel like they have a population (tweens/teens) which could be more effectively served. Wii know wii fat, which is why wii have the wii fit.

On another, less hostile note: I finished my first dishrag. It is so misshapen that I will not grace the internet airwaves with a picture. But the good news is, I'm well into my second one, and it's almost recognizable.

If you can spare a prayer for David, he just got his lower braces on and is pretty achy. Now a whole head full of metal. What could make junior high more fun than that? Oh, I know...acne. Wait, he has that too. We played UNO Attack tonight. Quite enjoyable. There's enough violence and surprise in the game to keep him happy, and he's learning to be a gracious winner and loser, which makes me happy.

Hey, anyone remember him????



That's right. Good old Slim Goodbody. I think he hailed from Captain Kangaroo, if I'm not mistaken. Well, anyway, I'm d-y-i-n-g because Drama Girl is actually watching SG videos in science! Currently they're learning about digestion. How I've missed that 'fro. I know what I'm going to be for Halloween this year...That's right...Gretchen Gutbody, complete with stretchmarks, saggy boobs, and a two tier stomach. Better start looking for my costume now. I'm sure Joann's will have sales...Maybe Party City...

Okay...I think that's all that's on my mind. For now. This second.


Oh, WAIT! I knew there was something...T-Minus 48ish hours or something till I see her:




Photobucket

13 comments:

Denise said...

That is crazy!! Your daughter is lovely, not obese.

Anonymous said...

I just bought my first Mrs. Meyer's this week. I'm all about smells so I have to know what flavor you have. I had heard that geranium smells best but Target only had Lemon Verbena, which does smell nice.

Bless poor David's teeth! It's been a million years and I still remember what that feels like!

I've really wanted a Wii but now I'm upset with them! I'll be eager to hear if Nintendo responds to your letter. They have some 'splainin' to do!

Anonymous said...

Wii Fit.... I've really wanted a Wii Fit.

Shanda said...

Yes...that is one negative to the Wii Fit...I think that they should only measure some of those things for adults. If you enter a child's age it should automatically know NOT to do that!!! Surely they can change it.

I was given some Mrs. Meyers awhile back and I couldn't take the smell...not sure what scent it was; but I am very smell sensitive so we use something called, Melaleuca for most of our cleaning.

Poor David...just when the pain stops then they go and tighten them too. I hated braces!!

Carpool Queen said...

I was also slightly rotund on my wii-fit - and I was only 1 pound over the limit. Aargh. Madness, I tell you.

And I'm working on my third dishrag. My first one was a rectangle, which was very annoying. My second one was wavy, and I'm half-way through my third and so far my stitch count is spot on.

If you can spill your guts about Jesus, then you can post a pic of your misshapen dishrag.

Tiffani said...

The Wii. Ah, yes. It is so. crazy. I DO hope that she'll get over that b/c it's really a LOT of fun (once they ruin/replace everything you've tried to say/build-up your child since she was BORN!)

Is she enjoying it all??

Gotta try the cleaning stuff, cause, well, I'm posin' w/ my Pine-Sol..

Ouch, for David and hope he'll recover quickly from the achiness!

I am still beside myself that the two of you are getting together. Seriously. I think I could cry for y'all--it's gonna be great!

Gretchen said...

Ah, my sweet girlfriends. Drama Girl is okay. She's resilient, and while she doesn't like her stats, she's keeping on keeping on. I'm proud of her. David's working on it. And...me...well, it's my turn.

Unknown said...

OK, I am not sure where to begin, but let me start with saying how excited I am that you get to meet Mer! I am hoping I get to meet her IRL someday soon.

About your beautiful daughter, (and you for that matter), don't allow a media platform tell you who are! You are not a rotund Mii! You are both amazing women, who have great purpose and meaning!

Its so easy to fall into the traps of our culture. But I just REFUSE to go there! I was insulted when I stepped on a Wii platform after my friend. She weighs 100 pound soaking wet. She stepped off the platform, and when I stepped on the board, Wii groaned. GROANED! It bothered me all night...but then I thought, this is a chance to look at what the world may be saying and choose Truth!

(Stepping off my soapbox now.)

Never heard of Mrs Meyers. Will have to check it out!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

That is CRAZY about Wii Fit...and just plain wrong.

I remember Slim Goodbody...how funny? Isn't it Richard Simmons?

I've never bought Mrs. Meyers. I must.

Stalkerish? NEVER!

Shanda said...

Oh! I forgot to mention...YOU CAN ALTER how her Wii looks!! If you add height (like 6 inches) it alters how "overweight" you look. (I may or may not have done that...;) ) It doesn't alter anything else for your games, etc. She will "appear" taller on the screen, but to me, MUCH better than seeing the spare tire (or whatever it is that it's showing for her...I may or may not have looked like I had a spare tire...) ;)

Suzanne said...

I can't even imagine what my wii person would look like...::shudder::
I think they could think of a way to be more motivational.

"Gretchen Gutbody"..ROFL! I guess I could be Suzy Stoutbody.

Kristi said...

I just said a prayer for your son. We have a 12 year old son with braces and know the pain that can come! Our 9 year old son with Ds is having four teeth pulled tomorrow am. We are praying that all goes well. I just found your blog from Sarah's In the Midst of It and look forward to reading it!

Pink said...

I love my Wii fit, but don't love the fact that it tells everyone, of all ages, all the facts....when my God-children use the Wii fit, I make them turn around when we first set up the profile, so they never see the weight....and they are young enough to not notice if there Mii is "round"

My Wii fit has helped me lose 20 lbs., so I love it!