Thursday, April 16, 2009

Random 4: Q & A

Well...since the carpet installers are not here, yet...sorry for obsessing, but gaaaaaaaah!...I thought I'd distract myself by blogging. I saw this on Cheryl's blog yesterday, and thought it would be kinda fun. Please play along in the comments or on your own blog if you feel so led.

1. Have you ever played on an organized sports team?

Actually, I played soccer in my late elementary years and into junior high. I started out on a co-ed team, and then played with girls. Because of my lack of speed and coordination good reflexes and strong kicking skillz, I played goalie in all but one season. Thoroughly enjoyed this. But was a dismal failure at didn't care for other sports. If I could were to try a new sport now, I'd probably try tennis. Or golf.

2. What t.v. show are you loving right now and/or what shows have you been "addicted" to in the past?

My name is Gretchen, and I am TV addicted. Top 5 addictions of the present in no particular order: American Idol, House, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice and The Amazing Race. Top 5 of the past: ER, China Beach, Friends, Seinfeld, and Thirty-Something. BTW, sad fact: I've been a GH fan since 1977.

3. A two-parter: (a) What is your favorite Beatles song? (b) Is there a song you're loving right now?

(a) So many from which to choose. If I had to pick, today's favorite would be "Let it Be." (b) Based on Susan Boyle's little rise to fame, I've really felt a resurgence in my love for the tunes of Les Miserables. And there's always the Kinks' "Lola". I know...weird me.

4. Where would you fly away to, right now, if you could possibly do it?

If I could go somewhere alone, I'd go visit my girlfriend in MT. If going alone with my sweetie, I'd say someplace warm...Bahamas? Grand Cayman? Hawaii? Wouldn't honestly matter. If going with the kids: Europe.


***Praise God. The carpet installers finally arrived.***


Photobucket

4 comments:

Carpool Queen said...

I'm so glad I got to the end and saw the carpet installers had arrived. I was about to offer to FedEx a straight jacket.

Love Private Practice....it's my night soap. And I am woefully behind on Grey's Anatomy, but it's cued up on the DVR.

I was also a goalie. Because running anywhere other than to a refrigerator just isn't going to ever happen.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Glad the carpet arrived...

and glad I'm not the only tv addict.

Denise said...

Great answers.

Anonymous said...

I stole this and used it today. You said it was okay:
"Please play along in the comments or on your own blog if you feel so led." I felt so led. Thanks for sharing. P.S. We could watch a lot of TV together (except for the GH).