Friday, April 3, 2009

I'm Unplugged, but wanted to leave you with a little hour of reading.

I AM lifting this directly from Carpoolqueen...who lifted it directly from NC Gretchen’s page.
I AM NOT doing my housework at this moment in time.
I KNOW I tweaked my back doing exercise.
I THINK that proves my theory of exercise being bad for me.
I DON’T THINK my dog likes going potty in the rain any more than I like cleaning up his "I don't want to go outside" messes.
I WANT a good wife. OR personal organizer. Either one.
I HAVE distractibility issues. I prefer to call them personality nuances.
I LIKE this warm green tea, infused with peach and ginger.
I DISLIKE getting out of a warm bed after a nap or overnight slumber.
I HATE that things I really lurve to do or acquire take effort (usually on my part). For I am shamefully lazy at heart.
I FEAR that Simon Cowell's hairline will always remind me of Frankenstein. With all due respect.
I’M ANNOYED with others on the road/in line/on the phone who don't realize that.I'm.in.a.hurry! And am very important, folks. Very.
I CRAVE Taco Bell. Every day.
I USUALLY speak better than I listen. But I'm working on this.
I SEARCH for ways to keep motivated with the healthy, balanced lifestyle thang in mind, body, and spirit.
I HIDE the Oreos from David. But usually he finds them. As Mer knows...sometimes the cookies are in my craft bags. The better for me to eat them later, too. Alas, yesterday's hiding spot was found. Bye-bye oreos. Don't worry--I do give David some, but the rest of us like them, too.
I WONDER why I even bother to buy them. Oh, I know! Lack of discipline.
I REGRET wasting time. But alas...I do it faithfully.
I LOVE the fact that I have truly made some friends in this blogosphere.
I CAN be a real encouragement to others, but not always to myself.
I CAN’T do simple (or complex) math. Beyond counting, I mean.
I TRY to put at least one green vegetable on the table for dinner each night.
I ENJOY a warm drink in my cold hands. And seeing bald eagles.
I DON’T CARE for foods with the texture of dirt, snot, or rubber.
I ALWAYS take a cuppa tea up to bed.
I NEVER begin a sentence with "and". :)
I’D RATHER be in Maui or in bed, reading. Or watching DVRd episodes of Greys or PP.
I RELY on a little help from my friends.
I BELIEVE that popcorn laced with bacon grease and homemade fudge were the undoing of me. Those delectables were dating treats that my grandma made me and Big for our movie nights at home when we started dating--in 1984.
I DANCE like a really uncoordinated, overbiting white girl. But I don't care. I lurve to dance.
I SING a lot of the time. Loud and proud. Tho not always on key.
I ARGUE with the good sense God gave me. All the time. But usually, I get a mulligan. Or at least new mercies.
I WRITE because I am a verbal processor to the nth degree. So if I'm not talkin', I'm writin'.
I WIN the Entertainment Pies in Trivial Pursuit...sometimes.
I LOSE my patience with my sweet daughter when I wish she'd just make her point already and not just ummm and wellllll and hmmmmm. Because I have not finished my devo on Patience: A fruit of the Spirit. I am a speech therapist with the world's shortest pause time. Ouch.
I WISH I could just slow down my brain sometimes and just.be.
I LISTEN to my son's musings on Star Wars, though I must confess...I don't understand much.
I DON’T UNDERSTAND politics. I mean, I try...but most of it evades my whole way of thinking.
I’M SCARED of trying new things. I can be very rut-oriented. Going to China this fall is exciting and terrifying for me.
I FORGOT how long this meme was and that people might want to do other things today rather than camp out here and read this list. Amen!
I AM HAPPY with simple pleasures.

Photobucket

11 comments:

Denise said...

Enjoyed this dear one, love you.

Tiffani said...

This is such a great "though-list"...

Taco Bell? That's where we almost drowned to go eat yesterday..

What's your deal with using "and" to start a sentence (it is NOT illegal)...

Our children those vastly different in age could probably hang very tight b/c of the Stars Wars musings and the Ummmmm/Wellllll part and we'll just sit together and chat, 'kay?

The math issue you have is now reason 543 that I love you.

Girl Raised in the South said...

Mercy! I'm right there with you on many of them, but now I can't remember them all... although I do think for what Simon Cowell makes he could find someone to do something with that hair of his? Seriously, if we had his money how great would we look?

Dogs and rain? My cross to bear.

Carpool Queen said...

I AM very happy at Taco Bell.

I GO all too frequently.

I THINK I have issues.

I CAN'T wait until you plug back in.

Suzanne said...

It wasn't too long. I wanted to read more! Loved it!

As for starting a sentence with "and", I was taught not to do it, but I'm a rebel..lol

His Girl said...

I LOVED reading your list... xoxo

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Now that you and Sus and Tif have done this, I want to also.

But maybe tomorrow. Or the next day. I'm a putter-offer.

Jackie said...

The one about dancing like a really uncoordinated overbiting white girl just cracked me up. With you all the way on that one.

You keep talking about your green tea with peach and ginger, and I'm starting to think I'm missing out. Did you get it at Trader Joes?

See ya when you plug back in!

Anonymous said...

I hope you're having an amazingly wonderful weekend!! I enjoyed this post and it didn't take anywhere close to an hour! (But I'm a pretty fast reader. ;) )

Dawn Bibbs said...

I loved this! I may have to borry it...if ya don't mind! :-)

Miss ya! Hope you're doing well.

the voice of melody said...

Very interesting and fun to read. The last one ("I enjoy simple pleasures")... yes, I'm one of those too. :)