Wednesday, January 21, 2009

To Post, or Not to Post...That is the Question

Um...really. I've had a hard time deciding this. Will I sound like a pompous, ill-mannered, ungrateful jerk? Or, will I sound impossibly humble? Will I...Lord I hope...sound heartfelt and sincere, hurting no one's feelers?

A word about awards.

Thank you.

Actually, that's two words.

Seriously. I am humbled and honored by any and all that I have received. Lurve the recognition and the praise. Lurve simply the thought that goes into being thought of and awarded. The fact that I have impact on someone's day is amazing. That she would wish to honor me is lovely.

But I don't post them. Being able to write on a blog is a reward. Knowing that someone out there is reading is reward/award. That any of you would choose to comment, perhaps opening a discourse which leads to a friendship is a huge honor for me. I am deeply rewarded by your readership and comments. If I posted the awards given to me I might start concentrating too much on them and then feeling badly when I went thru a dry spell with none at all. So this is best. For me. At almost 40, it's time I started feeling comfortable in my own skin without feeling like I'm casting aspersions on anyone else. So...deep breath...that's what I'm doing. One baby step at a time.

I just wanted to address this because not addressing it felt rude. Like I was ignoring someone's kindness. And I try not to roll that way.

SDG!

7 comments:

His Girl said...

see? that's why I likes ya. honest, straight to it, kind, striving for the better thing.

I'm right with you on this topic, too.

Suzanne said...

Well spoken. :)

Denise said...

You are such a blessing, love you.

Tiffani said...

very well said and done! i just lurve ya and your blog!

Sing4joy said...

Goodness sakes! How have I been away so long? I thought your post was well written and not the least bit offensive. For that I would like to give you an award. J/K. You are a reward to me too.

Alisa George said...

Very well put! You're awesome!

Cheryl Wray said...

I'm with you, girl!