Stepping, around, and through life with Jesus at my side, and hanging on for dear life. And what a dear life it is.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Link Love: What's for Dinner?
Hi, one of my resolutions is to have plans for dinner by 10 a.m. Most of you who read my blog read Mer's, too, but for those who might not have "met" her, THIS is a fab post.
PS: I am sure you know this already, but... what about cooking some staples in advance that will last one week? You can then turn them into anything, even if you don't want to meal plan.
example:
Rice Pasta cut up salad chicken cooked burger meat cooked
That will take one hour and get your kitchen messy just one time.
Out of those you can make on any given day, decided on before 10 am of course:
Just caught up on all the posts I'd missed over the past couple of days...loved your two word Gladitudes!
And go YOU, making yourself get up and do stuff to make the next day more pleasant! That's a great idea. Nothing worse to me than getting up and finding an hours worth of decluttering and dishes and laundry to worry about.
I just read your bucket list...ahh Alaska..I have been! do a cruise! cheap and easy. as for dinner..how about chicken pot pie...chicken, can of mixed veggies, can of cream of chicken soup, milk, cover with a pie crust, and viola!
oh, my, how I love Mz. Meredith! You're right about how it's a fab post.
also, on a superficial note, did you get a load of her handwriting?!? I think she could write "fruit loops" on the menu everyday and it would look elegant!
7 comments:
I am always looking for good recipes. Thank you.
PS: I am sure you know this already, but... what about cooking some staples in advance that will last one week? You can then turn them into anything, even if you don't want to meal plan.
example:
Rice
Pasta
cut up salad
chicken cooked
burger meat cooked
That will take one hour and get your kitchen messy just one time.
Out of those you can make on any given day, decided on before 10 am of course:
Tacos
Spaghetti with meat
rice bowls w/terryaki sauce
stirfry
enchilada salad
Just a thought.
Just caught up on all the posts I'd missed over the past couple of days...loved your two word Gladitudes!
And go YOU, making yourself get up and do stuff to make the next day more pleasant! That's a great idea. Nothing worse to me than getting up and finding an hours worth of decluttering and dishes and laundry to worry about.
I just read your bucket list...ahh Alaska..I have been! do a cruise! cheap and easy. as for dinner..how about chicken pot pie...chicken, can of mixed veggies, can of cream of chicken soup, milk, cover with a pie crust, and viola!
oh, my, how I love Mz. Meredith! You're right about how it's a fab post.
also, on a superficial note, did you get a load of her handwriting?!? I think she could write "fruit loops" on the menu everyday and it would look elegant!
Thanks sweetie.
Thank ya for the link love.
Thanks for this! This is something that I deal with daily!
Post a Comment