Monday, January 19, 2009

Gladitude Monday: 3 word style

Okay...2 words was hard, but 3 should be better. Still short, sweet, and full o' the gladness. But first: A Haiku (ala Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer)

Starch and fats and salt, oh my!
Goodness from the earth.
8. Worship team, yesterday
7. Big is h.o.m.e.
6. MLK day today
5. YESTERDAY WAS SUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. girl weekend soon
2. intentional grocery shopping
1. God is good--all the time.
So, that's a peak into my psyche (scaaaary!) this early Monday morning. I'll be surfing around to visit later today, Lord willing and the creek don't rise. If I seem to be perseverating a bit on the food thing, I am. I've never been the best homemaker, and that has always made me sad. I mean, after all, I can get a master's degree and work, but i can't do homecaring and homemaking without lots of non-intuitive effort; and I'd gotten to the point of resenting being at home. In other words, I was good at my job--I'm not good at this. I should go back (to work). Except...with a child who requires a lot of support, going back to work full time isn't ideal. Yes, in this economy, you bet, we'd cope if we needed to get me back to work. It's nice that we are fine enough for me to stay home.
I guess, I'm just tickled and full o' the glad that with a little help from my friends and a little faith, I can make meals on time and keep my house reasonably clean. More tickled that I'm finding joy, rather than discouragement in the challenge. Again, God is good. All the time. SDG!

12 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Oh no...I typed out a long (fun) comment and now it's not here.

Let me see if I can rememer:

1. Loved your post.
2. No school today.
3. Hanging with kids.
4. Lunch with friends.
5. Shrinky dink fun!
6. Reading fun blogs.
7. Must go now.
8. Losing my momentum.

So, we made that soup last night. I agree, it is yum. I need to update that recipe b/c I rarely use the cr of chicken soup anymore. Glad you liked it!!!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Very cute..I just love your lists and I need to make that soup. I lobster love potato soup

Tiffani said...

YUM-O

FUN-O

NEAT-O

the voice of melody said...

Yes, God is good all the time! Enjoy being home, doing the best you can with the gifts He's given you. I'm not the greatest homemaker either if that's any consolation! Great post. :)

Denise said...

That soup sounds delicious.

Cheryl Wray said...

LOVE your list!!!! And glad you liked the chicken spaghetti...yummy, huh?

God IS good...all the time1

Girl Raised in the South said...

Gee I made the list of your Glatitudes - thanks! And I assume intentional grocery shopping would something different than going to the grocery store hungry, no idea what for, and putting a little bit of everything in the cart, like I've done way too many times. Probably intentional grocery shopping involves a list????

Brandy said...

Yayyy!!

Becky said...

Totally love your list.

And that whole SDG thing...I think I'm actually going to paint that on my wall.

Barb said...

Meals on time and a reasonably clean house is good enough, Gretchen. It really is.

His Girl said...

I am so happy when I can do something 'homemaker-ish'- when my family is happy and full and able to find clean socks.It's like Christmas here because it's such a novelty.
I do feel like a failure at the homemaker thing, and often wonder if I had a job where I could make enough money to HIRE someone to do all the things I stink at (laundry, basic cleaning) if we wouldn't be better off.

but then I remind myself that this time with these people is fleeting, and making myself available, even though I stink at domesticity, is better than the alternatives.

in 10 short years, I will be cooking and cleaning for my children only when they visit.I believe that remembering that is what will help me live a life that will make them WANT to visit, you know?

I think I need breakfast. There's a slight chance my comment was long and rambling and made no sense.

Yolanda said...

I am glad to have found your blog. Will be back often.