Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Is For Apple...

I got this meme from Jen, at My 3 Boys and I.

Rules: If you want to play, leave a comment on this post, and I’ll assign you a letter. You write about ten things you love that begin with your assigned letter, and post it at your place. When people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and the chain continues on and on...

Jen gave me the letter A.

1. Advent. I lurve the glow of the candles and the readings associated with each week.


2. Apples. Well, truth be told, they're not my absolute favorite fruit, but I do like them. It was fun to make apple crisp from the apples off our tree last summer. My favorite variety is Honey Crisp.

3. Attention. I lurve some quality attention from just about anyone, but I really like time with my hubby. Only since 1984. But who's counting?
4. Affection. Okay, okay...I know it's sort of cheating, but I should get props for the cute picture of the kids, no? This was on Christmas Eve, 3 years ago...sweet.



5. Annie. I lurve this terrible, awful, allergy-ridden, dollar bill consuming (literally and figuratively), non-retrieving, dirty-dragging load of dog. I just do. She's a shepherd in retriever's clothes, but she's ours. Picture is of her in her "teendom"--still almost lapsize! :)

6. Arts and Crafts. Okay...maybe that's cheating, but it's my bloggy and I'll cheat if I want to, cheat if I want to...anyhoo...


7. Accessories!

8. A Spa Day...Aromatherapy...ahhh...










9. Animals. Taken over 2 years ago at our local kangaroo farm. See the little joey? Momma was friendly, but protective. I am such a sucker for animals. From whales to wallabies, I love them all, and have taken on my share of sanctuary cases over the years. I wouldn't change a thing. I think you can tell a lot about how folks treat others by how they respond to animals.





Taken near Double Bluff on Whidbey Island.

Spinner dolphins off Maui. 2006

10. America. I'm so grateful to have been born and raised here. I'm learning that there really is no place like it on earth.

Whew! That was tough! Anyone up for the challenge...?

8 comments:

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

WTG Gretchen you got on to that quickly

I LOVE the photos

I like apples and cheese :)

Tiffani said...

I love THIS!!!! Give me a letter sister!

Love the pic of your kids...so sweet! That pic of your and your hubs..so cute! and your daughter looks just like you!

I thought it was her at first!

I'm WITH you on the Accessories, sister!!! I can NEVER have enough :)!

Can't wait to do this!

Denise said...

Wonderful list my friend, love you.

Brandy said...

Im in. I love your crazy quilt squares, those look great! I've been meaning to ask you what kind of sewing machine you use...my old singer needs replacin, so leave me that too, ok?

Cheryl Wray said...

I love it!!! I'll take a letter! (I need an idea for Random Tuesday tomorrow and this would be fun!)

Angie said...

I wanta play!

Jenster said...

What a great list!!

Fun game! Is it too late for me to play??

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Give me a letter, baby! I'm ready.