Monday, January 26, 2009

Gladitude Monday

As per usual, this week had its share of highs and lows, ending on a particularly high note--I got to get away from 8 a.m on Sat to 6 p.m. on Sunday. Niiiiiiice. I think I was just as happy to get away from the dogs as the kids. Both are lovely (kids and dogs, I mean), but sometimes I get so incredibly tired of hearing little footsteps behind me. And the panting. The need to "time void" my elderlyish dachshund, and the need, of course, to coerce my children into doing their jobs feeding said hounds. So, anyhoo. It was nice.

Also nice, waaaay, superdeeduper nice was going away with a close friend, S. She is easy. Not in the sleazy like Sunday morning way, but...Don't you love those people who don't require work when chatting? One of the biggest compliments I can give our friendship is that no topic is off limits, and we have complete confidence in one another. I don't ever have to tell her--"please don't share this..." because she already knows that. Plus...we can rip off the occasional toot in front of each other. What's not to love about that. ;) I know...I know...I'm unrefined and tawdry.

Okay...before I dig myself a deeper hole:

10. Glad that His Girl is so generously making me a signature button. How kewl is that? Not only that she's willing, but that she's ABLE! I humbly sit on the un able side of that technology fence.

9. Glad that my hubby was gracious about my leaving for the weekend.

8. Glad that, as I walk down my stairs this morning, I see the black silhouette of trees against a sunrise. For those of you who don't live in perpetual grey, you might not get the abundant gesture of grace that a sunrise is. Trust me. :)

7. Glad that my daughter, Miss Chatty McChatterson has a friend over all day today. They have another! a day off of school today, so I'm saving S's mom and S from daycare hell, and they're saving me from Chatty. I lurrrrrve CMcC with all my heart. But...at times...my ears start to bleed. And the patience wanes. And it all starts sounding like a Charlie Brown phone call. Realize, dear readers, that I know I sound like a Charlie Brown phone call at times, too.

6. Glad for an anticipated phone call today with Mer. :) :) :)

5. Glad that I have a hairapy appt on Feb 7th. Mercy, I hope I can make it that long.

4. Glad for a wine tasting on Saturday. For $5! And for fat quarters (fabric in 18 x22 cuts for the uninitiated to quilting) that were 1/2 off ($5.75) The austerity plan is in full swing, but I must've fallen off a bit. Still...50% off is practically free, no? Oh, and the last gladness of shopping over the weekend--I went to a thrift store and got a pair of saaaaweeet silver heels for $5. Never worn. Oh, I'm sorry--not $5--$2.50. yep. They were having a "1/2 off everything over a dollar" sale. So really...those shoes WERE practically free. Ahem.

3. Glad that I know what we're having for dinner tonight. I changed my mind, and I still know. We were gonna have pulled pork sandwiches (crockpot). Mer's recipe, but since I'm home all day today and not-so-much tomorrow, I'm doing the ppsandwiches tomrrow, and pasta tonight.

2. Glad that Annie's Auction raised $10,000.

1. Glad for ears to hear, eyes to see, and hands to hold over my mouth, thus keeping me slow to speak.

Lurve Ya...

SDG!

And...bonus glad: it's giveaway time...I'll be baaaack.

8 comments:

Tiffani said...

Oh for time away!!! NICE!!! I am glad for friends that keep my kids entertained and happy!!

I am in desperate need of "HAIRAPY" and will forever add that term to my vocab...thanks friend!

Cheryl Wray said...

What a wonderful list!!!! I love good deals, and the $5 wine tasting sounds so fun!

I can totally relate with the Chatty daughter. My ears ring sometimes with the stress of it all!

And how wonderful that you had a weekend away. So glad you got to do it!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Well, I have had such a good day today because:

1. It was my hairapy day!

2. My personal shopper returned with my goods from Trader Joe's.

3. I GOT TO TALK TO YOU ON THE PHONE, and YOU ARE SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved it! And I love you. Thanks, friend.

(Tell me what you think about the pulled pork!)

Sing4joy said...

...the abundant gesture of grace that a sunrise is.

You have a beautiful gift of edifying words.

Thank you.

Denise said...

I love reading your blog, love you.

His Girl said...

How funny, my daughter's name has been Chatty Chatterson for ever... perhaps they are related ;) fortunately, mine has a twin who is a great listener.

I love those kinds of friends, the ones that are just so easy. S4J is that girl for me. I adore her.

love all the free shopping you did...what fun!

and Mer. what a great gal she is, no?

xoxo

Brandy said...

Amen, sista...50% off IS practically free! I have a chatty of the 2yo variety, and he too gets it from .....ME!!

Angie said...

I wish you were my IRL friend......you are SO funny. And no I never got the email about my letter.......try again at : lechner6@gmail.com