Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I Didn't Fall In...God is Good

A.k.a: To whom much is given, much is expected. Dear Lord, I'm so sorry for the poor steward that I've been. You have blessed us with such abundant foodstuffs, and I haven't organized or taken care of them--indeed, I've taken their availablity for granted--for years. Forgive me this sin, Lord. I know others go hungry each day. Thank You for my daily bread. I pray that You would bless the hungry and the poor, and that You would help me to see all my clutter for what it is: sin. Thank You most awesome God. It's in Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Friends, I was expecting to write a cheeky post about how much I hate cleaning and how reorganizing this pantry took hours of my precious time. But then, it hit me. This is food. A necessity for all of us. Yet I took this necessity and put my own spin of un-, dis-, in- lack of appreciation by actually being pissed feeling frustrated and angry that I can't see what I have and "don't have anything to make for dinner". Shame on me. Thank You Lord for conviction and healing. May it extend to the other areas of my life which I continue to collect and take for granted/use inadequate stewardship. Amen.

Let's be clear though: Nobody had better mess with the labeling, sorting, and stacking piece of pristine near-perfection that is my pantry. Oh, I kid. That's why there are pictures. So we can all remember when.


She wanted the "Vanna" shot, but I think this is more indicative of everyone's surprise and glee.









13 comments:

Jenster said...

Great job!!! Thanks for the conviction. I guess. :o(

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn said...

A convicting post - thank you for the inspiration to spruce up my pantry a bit. Yours looks fabulous! I like that you have room to hang your spices on the wall.

Tell "Vanna" she is a cutie.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

GREAT job on the pantry overhaul! And thank you for that perspective. Very convicting.

Hope you're having a great day, Gretchen!

Denise said...

Very well done my friend.

Unknown said...

I'm pretty anal retentive about the "system" I've got down in my pantry and refrigerator, but I wouldn't exactly call them organized.

Thanks, however, for really putting this topic into perspective!!

Diane Meyer said...

I am bitterly envious of your full length spice rack in your pantry.
I'm also envious of how you put this in perspective.
Thank you.

Suzanne said...

Great post.

Wanna come organize mine next? :)

Denise said...

Come by for an awards pickup sweetie, love you

Tiffani said...

Oh I concur!!! Maybe I'll add the pantry to my "to do while Daddy is away" list. I love your perspective!

My pantry is narrow and deep and hard to keep situated...

Thank you for your sweet encouraging words about my hubby being gone!! I need them!

Cheryl Wray said...

This looks AMAZING!!!!! Now I feel guilty.... :-)

Kelly said...

I totally have pantry envy:-)

I have shared that same conviction, as I look at a pantry filled with "nothing for dinner". We are blessed indeed! Thanks for the reminder.

Sing4joy said...

A very full post for me! A nice slap of conviction with camaraderie and soothing it with two of my favorite things.....pictures and organization! You are a master.