Wednesday, October 15, 2008

7 with a Twist

Tracy at Our Journey tagged me to do a meme. Of course, I'm one of my favorite subjects, so I was more than happy to oblige. :) I am to list 7 random things about me....and then tag 7 people to do the same. Tracy put a twist on it....she listed 7 places she has been on vacation. I'm going to list seven of my favorite things to do--in no particular order.

1. Blogging. Well, duh, right? This has been quite a ride for the past 2 years. I've "met" and met some fantastic people. I can't wait to meet more! I'm hoping to meet one next month!

2. Learning new crafts. Currently, I'm learning cro-hooking and self-teaching crochet. I have come to grips with the fact that I cannot just sit while watching TV/movies. Of course, I never feel compelled to get up and clean, but...

3. Lurve going to coffee with my peeps. Nothing says catch up like a nice warm, slightly sweet cuppa joe and great company. Yes, Starbucks is my fave hang out, but there are others I like. Starbucks is just so dang common that it's easy to find one between anyone I might know and me.

4. Lurve quilting and knitting. Big projects, little projects. Projects which have me swearing under my breath because the @#$% bobbin sticks or I drop a stitch. You know...good times.

5. I enjoy singing and being dramatic (in a positive way). Though it's a ton of work, I've decided to be a part of our church's dessert theater performance for Christmas. We're doing A Christmas Carol. So far, the rehearsals aren't too terribly long. However, I need to really time manage well in November and December because I'll be living at church until the 14th. Time to get that Christmas shopping/making going.

6. Absolutely enjoy the heck out of reading a good novel. I do have my share of how to: live, love, knit, crochet, parent, and eat well books. And of course, I'm reading the Good Book. But nothing beats a good Dorothea Benton Frank or Gail Tsukiyama novel.

7. I hesitate to include this one because it sounds so...like..."Oh, my name is Gretchen, and I am too good to be true!". Not the case. But I seek to encourage folks. Whether by an email, a note, a smile, or a meal, I really want others to feel wanted and loved. Anne Frank was right. You never do get poor by giving.

SDG!
Gretchen

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

And you are so good at #7, my friend. Have a great day!

Jenn said...

I enjoy the posts that I learn more about people, so this was fun for me to read.

Wish you were closer because I would love to meet you for coffee. What is cro-hooking? I must agree with Suzanne you are very good at #7. Your emails and comments are always so encouraging.

Enjoy your evening! :o)

Cheryl Wray said...

I love your list!!! And I am so with you on the last one, and there is nothing wrong with sharing it. It's a great thing to be an encourager.We need more of them in the world!

You sound SO creative. I love the look of crochet, but I've never had the desire to learn it. Give me writing and scrapbooking!

Diane Meyer said...

Good novels and good coffee is all good with me.

Jenster said...

Are you sure you're not me?? Except for the crocheting thing - I already know that's not my bag. Oh, and I'm not so good at the encouraging thing, but you've got that one down pat!!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I love your twist on this meme! SO wish you lived in Castle Rock because there are many Starbucks between here and there. I got your email about November...and yep, Tuesday sounds GREAT. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to it!

Denise said...

I love learning new things about you my friend.